Need some help with this knife

Jake

AKA "Scooter"
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
Looking at similar make knives from the same manufacturer, it's not worth much anyway. About $60 max with the blade in good condition, which this one isn't. I'll check that out though! I have to agree, it does look nice the way it is, and now that I know leaving it won't cause it to deteriorate I'm probably not going to do much to it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That $60 knife in 50-75 years may be worth a lot more. Just something to think about.

Vilatus

Scout
Nov 25, 2018
US
That $60 knife in 50-75 years may be worth a lot more. Just something to think about.
That's true, actually. I'm not going to mess with it any more, but this is the result of some gentle cleaning and scraping. I'm wondering who in the world managed to make the scratches in the tip of it- even with me scraping it it didn't do that, haha

I do have the sheath also but its... rough- to say the least. My dad said he thinks its probably been sitting in the sheath without any care for 30 years. 20181125_212912.jpeg20181125_212924.jpeg

Jake

AKA "Scooter"
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
I can fix that sheath problem. ;)
Yep. @dial1911 is the resident sheath expert. And his sheaths have a kydex lining so they aren't going to hold moisture and potentially cause more pitting like an all leather sheath. He does damn good work too at affordable prices. You better jump on it though before he realizes just how much he's under-charging people. ;)

Vilatus

Scout
Nov 25, 2018
US
Yep. @dial1911 is the resident sheath expert. And his sheaths have a kydex lining so they aren't going to hold moisture and potentially cause more pitting like an all leather sheath. He does damn good work too at affordable prices. You better jump on it though before he realizes just how much he's under-charging people. ;)
For this particular knife, I'd like to keep it all original and just try and rehydrate the leather a bit- its already softened up somewhat.

However, for a future knife I could definitely consider this... is there somewhere I can see your sheaths?