My Sheriff's Department doesn't 'do' NFA/ATF fingerprinting

GA Firing Line

permaneo vox

Powered by Silencer Shop
Trusted Trader
Sep 21, 2015
Heart of Georgia
Zip code
according to the employee(& the sign said Adoption, GWCL, & being arrested, only)

Had some other business at the courthouse, so I went over to the jail to get printed for my long expired CC license. I saw the sign & asked "What about getting fingerprinted using ATF cards I would provide?" He said "There are other places you can go(then named other nearby counties)"

I guess I will have to ask someone over his head.....

This is Twiggs County, btw.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I had to go to my county Jail. Nobody else in my county would do it.

That was for ATF licensing. I'm not sure they would have done it for NFA purposes.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
You can try the probate court in Bibb County- they did my electronic finger prints when I went in for the last GWL renewal. I'd call and ask if they did prints for other counties first though.

Their website says the phone number is (478) 621-6494

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
You can try the probate court in Bibb County- they did my electronic finger prints when I went in for the last GWL renewal. I'd call and ask if they did prints for other counties first though.

Their website says the phone number is (478) 621-6494

Yeah, Floyd County probate court does our GWL printing as well, except it is digital and they couldn't do fingerprint cards. That's why I had to go to the county jail to get them done.

I will say, my sister in law who is a teacher also had to go to the county jail to get fingerprint cards for a new teaching job. It seems like to jails are about the only place who still uses them, at least around here anyway.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
according to the employee(& the sign said Adoption, GWCL, & being arrested, only)

Had some other business at the courthouse, so I went over to the jail to get printed for my long expired CC license. I saw the sign & asked "What about getting fingerprinted using ATF cards I would provide?" He said "There are other places you can go(then named other nearby counties)"

I guess I will have to ask someone over his head.....

This is Twiggs County, btw.
The whole of Twiggs County Government is a sad joke. Not surprised.

Here in Henry County, probate court does electronic prints for your GWL, but you can't get a copy. For that, you have to go to the Sheriff's Office, which also happens to be the County Jail.

Reactions: Wallace

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
And in case you didn't know, there's no requirement a LE agency does the fingerprint. There are private biz that do it too. So I'm told, never seen one but never looked.

Reactions: Thenut

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
The whole of Twiggs County Government is a sad joke. Not surprised.

Here in Henry County, probate court does electronic prints for your GWL, but you can't get a copy. For that, you have to go to the Sheriff's Office, which also happens to be the County Jail.
Same here in Bartow.

Reactions: DarthVader

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I bet the place I just left in Cartersville would do them. May be worth a shot. The place is called identogo. They do all type of government identification crap.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
And in case you didn't know, there's no requirement a LE agency does the fingerprint. There are private biz that do it too. So I'm told, never seen one but never looked.
ive heard of this too

it could be the security firms who specialize in background checks and what not. i know you can get secret clearance via a private firm, you just gotta pay for it

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
i had to use a private site for my Bar fitness exam. I believe a number of UPS stores do finger printing.