My new babies.

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Sweet!! Ive always wanted a bird. Something thats friendly and lives a long time. There are a few out there like that but they are NUTS if you dont pay attention to them non stop apparently...

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Sweet!! Ive always wanted a bird. Something thats friendly and lives a long time. There are a few out there like that but they are NUTS if you dont pay attention to them non stop apparently...
Yeah once you become the leader of their little flock they don't know how to get along without you. Birds are very loyal but also very high maintenance.

Reactions: erkinator 2

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Dang. Yeah I would need to work from home full time or something. Ive heard they will pluck their feathers and rip off their own toes if you dont pay attention to them!!

Reactions: Bypass

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

African Gray`s bout 70 years

Reactions: Bypass

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Do they go full retard if youre not around all day??

I knew one from when I was five. Now that`s 1965. It was a blind friend of my Father. He found it when he went to the Philipines. When he brought him home he liked no one but him and spoke Japanese. He taught it to talk using the TV when he was away.Was usually quiet unless he was in chatty mood. I saw him last in 1980 then 16 years later I visited them in Canada and he was still alive. I asked Robert if I could hold him and his Son just looked at me like yea, right. I held my arm out and Robert brought him over and Ahab walked right up my arm and nuzzled my cheek. They both could not believe it. He would not go to hardly anyone,including the Son. Loved that bird. Very smart. Lost track of them since and I think Robert passed away.

Bypass

Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
I knew one from when I was five. Now that`s 1965. It was a blind friend of my Father. He found it when he went to the Philipines. When he brought him home he liked no one but him and spoke Japanese. He taught it to talk using the TV when he was away.Was usually quiet unless he was in chatty mood. I saw him last in 1980 then 16 years later I visited them in Canada and he was still alive. I asked Robert if I could hold him and his Son just looked at me like yea, right. I held my arm out and Robert brought him over and Ahab walked right up my arm and nuzzled my cheek. They both could not believe it. He would not go to hardly anyone,including the Son. Loved that bird. Very smart. Lost track of them since and I think Robert passed away.
I would feel bad if I got a bird that outlived me. At least if I have them I know they are well cared for.

Reactions: Rwjeter

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I would feel bad if I got a bird that outlived me. At least if I have them I know they are well cared for.

There is a bird rescue near where I live and that is where most of the rescues come from. Old people buy birds and end up dying before the bird does. Then the kids don't want anything to do with them.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I had a friend who had an African Grey parrot and it weby full neurotic and plucked out every feather it could reach! Of course it did not help that my friend was a full blown stoner and the bird probably sustained a contact high!

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
There's a pawn shop down the street from my house I go to every now and then to see if he has any good deals on guns or car audio stuff that has some kind of parrot named Pablo that is 50-something years old. Says he's had it since it was 6 months old. It is potty trained and everything. He has a perch rigged up in his jeep and his truck and he comes to work with him every day.

Bypass

Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Well that lasted about a minute. One of the birds got sick and is near death. I returned them to the breeder.

85503280.jpg