MY HOME DEFENSE GUN | For That Bump In The Night!! (VIDEO)

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
So today I decided to bring my home defense/night stand gun out to the range to do some shooting. I believe that if you have a gun that you are going to rely on to protect yourself and your loved ones, you need to make sure it works with the ammo you use and any accessories you will be using.

So heres a quick video showing what I use, how I have it setup and also just having some fun at the range with it! Let us know what you use for home defense and how you have it set up.

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
Pump action shotty would be a better home defense choice in my opinion.

Also, you should train with your weapon light. If you use it incorrectly it will give the bad guy the upper hand and not you.

Only shine the light in small burst, only a second or less... do not shine the light directly in the direction you need to see in.. use reflective surfaces instead.

Reactions: NolansMindset

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
This is what I prefer as of right now. 30 rounds of 147 HST's, a streamlight TLR-1, and a quiet maker.

IMG_2315.JPG

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Pump action shotty would be a better home defense choice in my opinion.

Also, you should train with your weapon light. If you use it incorrectly it will give the bad guy the upper hand and not you.

Only shine the light in small burst, only a second or less... do not shine the light directly in the direction you need to see in.. use reflective surfaces instead.
I thought that too but after I realized that I can't carry my son and use the shotgun I switched to a handgun as my go to.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Good advice on testing your carry ammo. I had bought some Buffalo Bore .357 Mag short barrel/low flash ammo loaded with 140gr with Barnes XPB bullets to carry in my LCR. They are supposed to be some of the best .357 Mag ammo for a snubbie. I had never had a bad experience with Buffalo Bore before so of course when I got them I just threw them in there. I mean it's a revolver, you don't need to worry about feeding issues and it'll go bang every time right? Wrong. I was carrying that ammo for a few months before I made it to the range. I took it out of the holster and fired 2 rounds. On the 3rd round I just got a click. I fired the other two rounds off (after waiting at least 30 seconds with the gun pointed down range to make sure it wasn't a hang fire). I ejected the spent rounds and the dud round and inspected it. It got a good primer strike and looked just like the rest of the others that went off. I loaded it back up and got a click again. My stomach sank thinking about how I had been carrying that for the past few months. I went back to my range bag and grabbed a bag of PDX1 and fired all 20 rounds off perfectly. I've been carrying it ever since. Now I have a $40 box of ammo just sitting here because I don't trust it.

TLDR- even revolvers can have issues so test your carry ammo in every gun you intend on depending on to defend yourself and others with.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I have a couple options shotgun, m&p pro suppressed and the m&p 9c. I guess it just boils down to what I would feel like grabbing at the time.