Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Nice EDC setup!

I don't know you, but I've watched several of your videos. I think that if you got your hands on a few of the higher end knives you might change your mind on them. I thought the same thing before I got to spend some time playing with a few. If you want to do a video on some different quality blades shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to loan you a few.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Oh, and here's my EDC setup (minus Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and keys).

Ruger LCR .357 Mag carried 90% of the time in a Kydex pocket holster (the other 10% of the time in a leather Galco IWB holster), Streamlight ProTac 2L, Microtech Ultratech D/E(dagger blade, full serrated on one side, plain edge on the other), Leatherman Wingman, Bic lighter, UGA wallet and a pen.

SmartSelectImage_2017-02-08-12-15-31.png

Reactions: NolansMindset

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code

Ruger LCR .357 Mag carried 90% of the time in a Kydex pocket holster (the other 10% of the time in a leather Galco IWB holster), Streamlight ProTac 2L, Microtech Ultratech D/E(dagger blade, full serrated on one side, plain edge on the other), Leatherman Wingman, Bic lighter, UGA wallet and a pen.

View attachment 25424
Who made your holster? Looks like it would do a good job breaking up the outline of the LCR.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia

View attachment 25424

Do you carry more than 5 rounds?

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia

View attachment 25424

btw... I carry an LCR as my lightweight carry or as a secondary/third gun and love it. I use a ClipDraw for mine however to free up pocket space.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Who made your holster? Looks like it would do a good job breaking up the outline of the LCR.

It's made by Alabama Holster Company. It does do a fantastic job of breaking up the outline.

Reactions: Rwjeter

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Sometimes I carry a speed strip. Most of the time I don't though.

Maybe something to consider... often takes more than one shot to put a man down and there's often more than one assailant...and add stress to it all.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Maybe something to consider... often takes more than one shot to put a man down and there's often more than one assailant...and add stress to it all.

I'm very proficient with my LCR. If I run it dry they are gonna be shooting at ass and elbows while I'm running to retrieve my rifle. ;)

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I'm very proficient with my LCR. If I run it dry they are gonna be shooting at ass and elbows while I'm running to retrieve my rifle. ;)

Let's hope bro. I've trained enough and watched enough training scenario videos to think otherwise. :)

Reactions: 1776

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
It's made by Alabama Holster Company. It does do a fantastic job of breaking up the outline.
I'm going to have to look it up. All I have is a soft pocket holster and you can clearly see I have a revolver in my pocket. I'm in the same boat as you with the speed stops though. I have a couple 6 rnd ones I carry occasionally, but usually not. I know I should. I want a set of the Redi-Load grips for my J-frame something fierce. I can't find them though. Anyone stumbles across some please let me know. cominggrips1.jpg

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
That reminds me. I think I have a few 5 round speed strips I don't need. You want them?

Honestly bro, I have several of them and hardly ever use them. I keep a few in my center console, a few in my nightstand and a few spread out throughout the house here and there. I appreciate it though!

Reactions: AtlMedic

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Let's hope bro. I've trained enough and watched enough training scenario videos to think otherwise. :)

That was a joke. The pic I posted was just my EDC as in that's what's on me all the time no matter what. I carry my LCR when I'm at home, making a quick trip to the store or when I need deep concealment. I have a few semiautos that I carry IWB as well. I carry either my Sig P229 or a 1911 of some sort(with my LCR still in my pocket taking the role of being a BUG) when I know I'm going to be a good distance from my car(where I keep a rifle in a SnapSafe trunk safe) or when I know I'm going to be driving through a not so good part of town. Those scenarios hardly ever happen though because I'm at home 99% of the time. Also, my wife carries a Glock 26 either IWB or in a Flashbang bra holster depending on the season(with a 33rd mag in her purse) and I'm generally with her if I'm not making a quick trip to the store.

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
Nice EDC setup!

I don't know you, but I've watched several of your videos. I think that if you got your hands on a few of the higher end knives you might change your mind on them. I thought the same thing before I got to spend some time playing with a few. If you want to do a video on some different quality blades shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to loan you a few.

Thanks Jake..... I may take you up on that sometime soon! I really do appreciate the offer!

Reactions: Jake

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code

View attachment 25424

Great setup! That 2L light is the one I was trying to think of in my video, I will have one very soon!

Reactions: Jake

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Great setup! That 2L light is the one I was trying to think of in my video, I will have one very soon!
I have the 1AA-1L. I love it. It will use the CR123 battery for a brighter light or AA. I bought it because work supplies me with AA.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
@NolansMindset I thought I might share this wallet with you. From what I can take from the video I think you'd appreciate it's minimalist design. A co worker has one and loves it. I'm about to order one too. It's a Trayvax Summit. I HATE having a bulky wallet. Anyway, food for thought.

http://www.trayvax.com/collections/summit-collection

Reactions: NolansMindset

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
@NolansMindset I thought I might share this wallet with you. From what I can take from the video I think you'd appreciate it's minimalist design. A co worker has one and loves it. I'm about to order one too. It's a Trayvax Summit. I HATE having a bulky wallet. Anyway, food for thought.

http://www.trayvax.com/collections/summit-collection

Yea I hate having a bulky wallet as well and I'll defiantly check that out. I appreciate the heads up and link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Rwjeter