My 4 laps in a Ferrari 488 GTB

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
McDonough, Georgia
Zip code
My video finally uploaded late last night and y'all now get to see what a fat guy can do with a Ferrari 488 GTB.

Backstory: We were all given a safety presentation, taken out on the track for 2 laps in a Porsche Cayenne and then let loose in our chosen cars (no practice laps ... you basically got in, let the instructor fit the seat & harness to you and you were off).

My instructor was an Ex Army Ranger; (I made sure to call him Sir as much as possible) ...he was the epitome of cool and collected (and laughed at me frequently when I F'ed up, especially when I hit both paddle shifters at the same time & threw it into neutral), but I would choose him again in a heartbeat if I go back!

So without further ado, here it is:

So, the next time you're heading to Vegas, my advice to you is to SAVE UP FOR THIS SHIT!!!! ;)

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
McDonough, Georgia
Zip code
That looks awesome!

Anyone kill a car while you were there?
Nah, but I'd imagine it's happened. They were pretty meticulous in the safety briefing class, the instructor asks about previous experience, etc. The instructor also has a brake on their side

There were probably 30-40 people there, of those I watched, I'd say 90% never got their cars above 50mph

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Nice job and looks like great fun. You definitely got your money's worth compared to the others. I am sure the video wasn't cheap either. At least you only pissed the gearbox off once. I am sure your adrenaline level was pretty high.

Reactions: dial1911

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
McDonough, Georgia
Zip code
Nice job and looks like great fun. You definitely got your money's worth compared to the others. I am sure the video wasn't cheap either. At least you only pissed the gearbox off once. I am sure your adrenaline level was pretty high.
lol, I think I pissed off the gearbox more than once as much as he was laughing. Video wasn't bad, $49, but not sure if that was part of the package discount :noidea:

We also did a ridealong in the Hellcat drift car, it was $99 first person and $49 each additional.

Not my videos, but the same driver ...

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I imagine the Hellcat wouldn't be much of a track car. Made more for straight line power. Still pretty cool. Sounds like you had a good time in Vegas. We ended up having a sale on those dates we were discussing so hopefully next year.