This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Mountain Biking

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking & Biking Talk' started by the_great_white, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Cudruln

Cudruln Cruzn down da skreet
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for the link. That is a lot of bike for the money.

2. Cudruln

Cudruln Cruzn down da skreet

I will check it out once I get a bike

the_great_white likes this.
  3. Willy Leadwell

Willy Leadwell Purveyor of Polyurethane

My girlfriend wanted to start riding with me, so I bought her a Motobecane. It's a solid bike. Also, one of the guys that first got me into mountain biking back in highschool rides one now and has had good things to say about it.

Cudruln likes this.
  4. the_great_white

the_great_white Marksman

Just got back from McIntosh Reserve and doing 7 of the most miserable miles I've ever ridden. I recommend you choose your least favorite trail system, let the air out of your tires, and go ride that.....you'll have more fun doing that than there is at McIntosh. That place has a ton of potential if the trails were maintained. Horses have pretty much destroyed everything there. Also, the map is almost useless. There are so many alternate trails, side trails, short cuts, and cut-throughs that aren't on the map, you just about can't even figure out where you are exactly unless you can spot some sort of structure or road because trail marking is almost non-existent. This was my first time there and I won't be back to ride those "trails".

5. Grainchaser

Grainchaser Hunter
    Site Supporter

Consider scouring craigslist or the like for a nice used bicycle. Good way to test the waters without breaking the bank. Just stick to major brands like Trek, Giant and Specialized and you should find a decent deal. Good luck!

Cudruln likes this.
  6. the_great_white

the_great_white Marksman

Just threw down another 9 miles over at Clinton Nature Preserve.....I love riding that place.

What's y'alls favorite trail system? I'm always looking for new places to ride .

7. the_great_white

the_great_white Marksman

Did 5.5 today....a tough day though. Didn't sleep well last night and since i had already been up since just before 4, i reluctantly decided i would just go ride about 6:30.....I had a hard time finding my groove this morning..... Running a new chain-ring, trying out a different tire pressure, and then throw in a trail i haven't ridden in a couple of years, and got unseated a couple of times unexpectedly.....oh, and once i started my run up the first technical climb, a damned tree across the trail, couldn't get back in the pedal and had to hike-a-bike for a minute. almost said fuck it about the first mile in but pushed through.