Milsurp Plinking

Liberty

Sniper
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I just looked back at the ad that I was looking at the other day and they corrected it. It looked just like yours but it said that it was a Paratrooper model the other day but it says that it's a Soviet M91/59 now. I know practically nothing about Mosins. That's the model that I'd want too. I have no use for anything with a longer barrel than about 20" or so at most...well, I've always wanted to build a 24" AR just because they look cool. I've read that the max velocity is reached out of 5.56 at 20" but I just like the looks of 24" AR's for some reason.
I had a long barreled .223 varmint gun. That I realized something that big and clunky would always get left at home after it always got left at home. It was pretty great for shooting at 400 yards, but it was pretty awful for anything less. It was so barrel heavy that you couldn't comfortably carry it on a sling, and it hit every tree branch that I walked under.

Reactions: Jake and Grunk

Grunk

Sweeping the Steps of your Empire
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
I had a long barreled .223 varmint gun. That I realized something that big and clunky would always get left at home after it always got left at home. It was pretty great for shooting at 400 yards, but it was pretty awful for anything less. It was so barrel heavy that you couldn't comfortably carry it on a sling, and it hit every tree branch that I walked under.
Nothing like woods walking to teach you the realities of barrel length tradeoffs, is there?

Reactions: Liberty

Jake

AKA "Scooter"
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
Yeah, I had a 26" Remington 700 SPS Varmint...for all of 2 weeks, lol.

Reactions: Liberty and Grunk