Recipe Memorial Weekend Grilling?

Howard Law

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Can't hide money!

Got some pork tenderloin going on grill tomorrow night.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Grilled some beer brats and some kielbasa tonight. Gonna grill up some thick cut pork chops tomorrow night and then Sunday night gonna grill up some New York Strips. Don't really have anything planned for Monday yet.

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Got 2 pounds of Conecuh sausage and some chicken... one rack of ribs. I think the ribs will wait for Monday and the sausage and chicken go on the grill tomorrow. Going to try white BBQ sauce on the chicken for the first time.

And some boring potatoes and broccoli to round out the meal. With garlic bread.

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Got 2 pounds of Conecuh sausage and some chicken... one rack of ribs. I think the ribs will wait for Monday and the sausage and chicken go on the grill tomorrow. Going to try white BBQ sauce on the chicken for the first time.

And some boring potatoes and broccoli to round out the meal. With garlic bread.

Have you ever tried grilled broccoli?

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
Have you ever tried grilled broccoli?

Oh yes- I have a grill basket that we will line the bottom with bacon and then pile on broccoli and zucchini and what ever else we have. Let it cook until the bacon is mostly done then start stirring it all around. It's great stuff. Oh- and cover it all with some nature's seasoning.

Reactions: Jake

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Oh yes- I have a grill basket that we will line the bottom with bacon and then pile on broccoli and zucchini and what ever else we have. Let it cook until the bacon is mostly done then start stirring it all around. It's great stuff. Oh- and cover it all with some nature's seasoning.

I'll have to try that with bacon. I've always just tossed the broccoli in a light coat of vegetable oil and then grilled it and once done squeezed a lemon over it. Bacon sounds good as fuck though.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
I'll have to try that with bacon. I've always just tossed the broccoli in a light coat of vegetable oil and then grilled it and once done squeezed a lemon over it. Bacon sounds good as fuck though.

I think we got the "grill basket" as a wedding gift years and years ago. I used it because I could move the meat over to indirect heat after it's seared and roll the veggies/bacon for 15 minutes to get it cooked through. Once the bacon is kind of cooked and starting to render, roll everything over so the bacon drips on the veggies... freaking awesome. And the nature's seasoning (non-salt version) is my go to for all vegetables, steamed or grilled, or whatever the cook.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I think we got the "grill basket" as a wedding gift years and years ago. I used it because I could move the meat over to indirect heat after it's seared and roll the veggies/bacon for 15 minutes to get it cooked through. Once the bacon is kind of cooked and starting to render, roll everything over so the bacon drips on the veggies... freaking awesome. And the nature's seasoning (non-salt version) is my go to for all vegetables, steamed or grilled, or whatever the cook.

Yeah, I have a couple of those grill baskets. They work great. I'll have to give that a try. That's a great idea. Any time I can incorporate bacon into something I'm all for it.