MasterPiece Arms

Faktory 47

CRXPilot

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Mooresville, NC
Hi,
I'm really only bringing it up because I have one and it's an orphan as far as discussion forums go. I know nothing about their sales numbers or plans for future revisions or models and would hate to see it go the way of the Autauga .32 :(

Would the mods or admins consider adding MPA as a forum category and possibly encourage the team at MPA to sign up and contribute (posts or sponsorship) to this group?

Thanks!
97ljqv.jpg

OLDBEARCAT

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
CRXPilot

Have you shot this pistol enough to draw many conclusions? I have had the MPA380S-II on order from the factory now for about six weeks and it shipped about a week ago.

Needless to say I am anxious to get mine but how do you like yours?

I would like to see an MPA category included as well.

OLDBEARCAT

CRXPilot

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Mooresville, NC
I've shot 50 through it. The sights are horrible, but you probably guessed that from research. I also have kinda small hands and this gun fits them perfectly. With the flat base mag you can only get your middle finger around the grip. The grip extension helps for practice but I carry with the flat.

It's much less "flippy" than you might guess. The new ports they're milling into the barrels must be doing their job. It kicks, but not hard and not too vertical. Just a nice bump backward to let you know you sent a package down the range.

Nothing gritty about the trigger. Nice and smooth from the box. The slide slides better with a box through it but I guess that's typical.

Feels solid. Mag is a Pro Mag seen in a lot of these little guys. I'm happy :D

M

mukwah

Kinda reminds me of Elsie! How does it compare in size? 8)

CRXPilot

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Mooresville, NC
mukwah said:
Kinda reminds me of Elsie! How does it compare in size? 8)

It's quite a bit smaller. I re-visited the mousegun size chart about 30 times before I decided to buy this gun.

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

I handled an LCP and TCP and fell in love with both. The LCP really disappeared in my pocket due to its weight and thinness. But I kept coming home and seeing the size chart and thought, "I gotta go even smaller if I'm going to carry it every day."

So I bought my Protector from a GunBroker auction sight unseen. When I picked it up I was kinda disappointed. It's tiny but the extra few ounces end up being more concentrated in that smaller size. You'll notice it right away.

But as I've had it awhile, it's been just melting into my daily routine. It's really tiny though.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
CRXPilot said:
I've shot 50 through it. The sights are horrible....

Personally I do not see the need for any sites on a small 380. I spend 90% of my shooting at the range doing" quick point and shoot" style training. I've become what I think is very proficient at bringing the gun up quickly and on target. I think this is very important style of training,especially for a pocket gun where the distance is so close. The key is to practice often. I now shoot all my pistols this way. My 22.cals have been a tremendous asset for this training as well as my "Makarov" BB gun which I shoot in the garage. The BB gun also helps with quick draw training.

(Mod repaired quote)

CRXPilot

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Mooresville, NC
mthanded said:
Do you have a picture of both guns for a comparison side by side? I've never heard of this gun and would like to hear more about it.

I only own the MPA but here's a picture I put together from the Mousegun size chart

34rc2ex.jpg

OLDBEARCAT

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
I have both the LCP and the MPA 380S-II as of today. I stacked the MPA on top of the LCP and the MPA is definitely smaller. The MPA feels very solid compared to the LCP. But the lighter weight of the LCP may be a plus when carrying full time.

I took 48 photos of the two stacked on top of each other and spent considerable time trying to post a couple of them to the .380forum; even though I read some directions someone posted I finally gave up. Guess I'm getting too old!

DOC