Man arrested selling silencers on eBay

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Dude, US postal inspectors are no joke. They're legit Federal LEO that have jurisdiction over anything involving the post office .
Aren’t they somehow affiliated with the secret service? Someone stole checks from my business to one of my vendors out of the mail and tried to cash them across state lines. To the best of my recollection, it was the secret service the bank called in on that one. Same with counterfeit cash.

Sasquatch
Sep 5, 2015
Hilton Head, SC
Zip code
Aren’t they somehow affiliated with the secret service? Someone stole checks from my business to one of my vendors out of the mail and tried to cash them across state lines. To the best of my recollection, it was the secret service the bank called in on that one. Same with counterfeit cash.
I don't believe they're tied in any way other than both being Feds. Secret Service handles things that have to do with money though.

DaBlock

Frontiersman
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Zip code
Arrestee in original story was busted for same thing 4 years ago. I don't care how you feel about the ATF (I actually do); but stupid people need to be arrested.

Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
It might be stupid, but unless there's a tube to go with it, I don't see how it would be illegal.
Without provisions for attaching a sleeve to the core, I'm with you. It looks like he was trying to capitalize on the monocore look, but I don't see a way that he intended a body sleeve to be attached.