Magpul Hunter X-22

American Revival Apparel Company

JMUshotgunner

Hunter
Aug 9, 2015
Virginia
I get that. I'm just wondering about people's opinions on its legitimacy? As in does it serve a legitimate purpose? The SGA stock offers better ergonomics and better sling attachment options. So is there a legitimate purpose in putting a tactical stock on a plinking/small game rifle? Or is it just a "tacticool" item?

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Well, it doesn't look bad. It will depend on how much the stock + attachments will set up back and what your intended purpose is. If it serves your purpose then it is legit!

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I get that. I'm just wondering about people's opinions on its legitimacy? As in does it serve a legitimate purpose? The SGA stock offers better ergonomics and better sling attachment options. So is there a legitimate purpose in putting a tactical stock on a plinking/small game rifle? Or is it just a "tacticool" item?
personally, I don't see the use in a 22 other than to teach a younger generation to shoot. it's no longer affordable to plink (maybe that's changing) and I don't eat squirrel.

not trashing 22 (my untouchable rifle is a 22) but I just don't find many "legitimate purposes" for it in general.

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
personally, I don't see the use in a 22 other than to teach a younger generation to shoot. it's no longer affordable to plink (maybe that's changing) and I don't eat squirrel.

not trashing 22 (my untouchable rifle is a 22) but I just don't find many "legitimate purposes" for it in general.
Uh .22 is great for practice, it's quiet, fun to shoot suppressed, it's small and light, you can carry a lot of rounds easily, it's good for pest control and small game.
Most of the shooting I do is just for practice or for fun. Even with the higher prices right now there is nothing cheaper to shoot...

Reactions: JMUshotgunner