M&P 9 performance center vs HK VP9 Tactical

Howard Law

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Yesterday I was fondling a VP9 Tactical and a S&W M&P 9 performance center with threaded barrel https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-ported-mp-9-threaded-barrel

The grip was about the same, major differences were mag releases, and the Smith came with supressor-height sights and milled for an optic.

They were about the same price, around $775 at Academy (have not shopped around yet), but before going deeper into the hunt, I figured I'd get y'alls input.

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I havent been impressed with the performance center stuff. Ive seen slides with the ports significantly misaligned and revolvers with crooked barrels

Reactions: AirOpsMgr

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
I'm just not all that enamored with the S&W Performance Center stuff. At any rate, get what feels good in your hand and you personally shoot better.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
After pricing out what it was going to cost to get my G34 cut for an RMR, I started looking at the Walther Q5... I like it based solely on pictures and reviews. Need to find one to shoot. Of course, I need another match gun... yeah, right.

Unfortunately, I have no experience with either of the two you mentioned.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
After pricing out what it was going to cost to get my G34 cut for an RMR, I started looking at the Walther Q5... I like it based solely on pictures and reviews. Need to find one to shoot. Of course, I need another match gun... yeah, right.

Unfortunately, I have no experience with either of the two you mentioned.

MAC just did a video on the Q4. I have never tried a PPQ before but I've heard great things about them. I still have yet to find a striker gun that I like. I prefer all steel, hammer fired guns. I'd like to give the PPQ and the M&P 2.0 a try though. I like the idea of striker fired guns, I have yet to find one that works for me though.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
MAC just did a video on the Q4. I have never tried a PPQ before but I've heard great things about them. I still have yet to find a striker gun that I like. I prefer all steel, hammer fired guns. I'd like to give the PPQ and the M&P 2.0 a try though. I like the idea of striker fired guns, I have yet to find one that works for me though.

I really like my P99AS... lots of moving parts with the double/single action striker and decocker. But it feels great in my hand and shoots really well.

Reactions: Jake

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I really like my P99AS... lots of moving parts with the double/single action striker and decocker. But it feels great in my hand and shoots really well.

DA/SA, decocker, striker gun? I had no idea such a thing even existed. Now you've got me curious. I really like DA/SA guns.

Reactions: dial1911

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I had the M&P 9 and the 2.0 for a couple months bought em new and liked the way the fit in my hand. The 2.0 is better in many ways just needs a lil rub with fine grit sand paper to take off the edge a bit. My daily carry now is a VP9 with a SiCo threaded barrel and I won’t go back. It feels better in the hands and on my side not to mention I shoot it better than the 2.0. My backup is no longer M&P but G17. You’re welcome to shoot my VP9 if that would help make a decision.