This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Welcome OHGunOwners Members! OHGunOwners has come together with Southeast Traders to build one awesome outdoor and gun trading community. More members, more content, more classifieds and more fun to be experienced. We've made the transition as seamless as possible, so you can use your existing login credentials. If you have any issues, email [email protected] and we will take care of it for you!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking at getting a new fishing reel.......

Discussion in 'Fishing & Boating Talk' started by the_great_white, Mar 1, 2018.

1. the_great_white

the_great_white Marksman

and I'm eyeballing the Shimano Stradic 2500 CI4+
    Anyone have any experience with this reel?
    Or is there a better option at this price point?
    Looking around $200-ish

2. SouthernSlammed

SouthernSlammed Gingerbeard Operator
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

always been told Shimano is a great brand, I've just never spent that much on a reel!

the_great_white likes this.
  3. the_great_white

the_great_white Marksman

I've had pretty good experience using Shimano too, but I've never spent $200 on a reel before though either, I usually stay around the $100 mark. Took a little time off and looking to get back in the tournies.

4. Laufen

Laufen Badass
    Trusted Trader

Shimano would be my bet. They use some excellent bearings. The Stradic was a great reel 15 years ago, it has to be just about perfected now.

5. dougiemac

dougiemac Dir. of Gun Culture
    Owner Trusted Trader

I just purchased my son a Lew's Laser MG 120/12 - 7.1:1 baitcaster and a Phlugeger President 145/6 - 6.2:1 spincast reels to put on my two Cashion rods (thanks to Paul Benson). Now my 14 yr has a much better setup than I have, or ever had.

You can not go wrong with Lew's.

I'm hoping to pick up a nice Lew's spincaster combo rod & reel to upgrade my Shakespeare Ugly stick combo.