Long Range Shoot, Arena Training Facility, Blakely GA, April 28-29

Faktory 47

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
The Sniper's Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC Spring 2018 Rendezvous will be held on April 28-29 at Arena Training Facility in Blakely, GA.

Unlike previous years, we will no longer shoot from the front of the field on Saturday. With the new raised firing line at the back of the field this is no longer necessary. This will give us much better visibility and add approximately 300 yards to the overal distance. It also enables us to have a 100yd zero target on the same range as our long range targets.

We will have a wide selection of steel targets, out to past 2000yds. We will give you the dimensions and distance to each target, if you wish. Targets will be painted and maintained periodically throughout the day to keep them identifiable to the shooters. The minimum distance target will be 100 yards. We will have in excess of 20 targets at various distances. After talking to the range management, numerous targets will be moved to give us a wider array of distances and less targets hiding from us.

We will also maintain some Unknown Distance targets of known size, for folks that want to practice their ranging techniques.

You can bring as many rifles as you like. Class III weapons and suppressors are welcome.

You are free to shoot at any targets you wish throughout both days. This is an excellent opportunity to get that good, long range dope on your equipment. With the shortage of civilian-accessible long distance ranges, this can be difficult to do. There is enough room on the firing line that you will be able to shoot non-stop, all day, if you wish.

This is a structured shoot, but not a formal class. Several Instructors will be on hand to give you as much (or as little!) help as you need.

Suggested gear list:
Rifle with ammo (no steel core, AP, incindiery or tracer rounds)
Shooting mat
Tent or shelter to shoot under
Spotting scope
Chair(s)
Cleaning equipment and tools
Cooler with snacks, water and non-alcoholic beverages

You will be able to drive right up to the firing line, so no need to lug your gear very far.

I will have all my tools and cleaning equipment on the range. If anyone needs any Armorer's assistance I will be available most times during both days, free of charge. Also, I and several others will be available to assist in spotting and calling wind.

Cabins that sleep up to 2 folks are available on the premises for $100 per night, payable to me when you pay your entry fees. There is a shortage of lodgings nearby offsite. The nearest large town with a good selection of lodgings is Dothan, AL, about 36 miles away. There are a few small motels just outside the range in nearby Blakely GA, of varying degrees of "niceness", and ranging from $35/night and up.

The cost for the Rendezvous is $175 for one day, $300 for both. Active duty military/LE/Public safety folks are $150 for one day, $250 for both.

I accept checks, money orders, cash and PayPal (PayPal users add 3.5% to the total cost).

There will be a mandatory safety meeting for all attendees in front of the pro shop at 0800hrs EST Saturday and Sunday.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at shep@precision-applications.com, or (678) 523-7522. I hope to see y'all this spring.

SEMPER FI!

Reactions: Snewt1

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Man I would love to do this. But I am way far off from shooting to 1000 yards much less 2000 yards. I am taking one of your classes at some point this coming year.

Reactions: cmshoot

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
If you’re wanting to attend, please let me know ASAP. I’d like to get numbers submitted by the end of the week.