This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

List up your food plot plantings

Discussion in 'Hunting Talk' started by erkinator, Mar 24, 2018.

1. erkinator

erkinator AV Monkey
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

been hunting all my life, but never had any time around food plots. Looking for advice on what is good for middle GA for spring planting and fall. I know what deer like, but there are so many products. Testing the waters to see what you guys have used and if it has been effective.

thanks

2. karlvv

karlvv Russian Hacker
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

Damn. I never had the opportunity to know. Good question. I hunt over acorns but there must be some greenery they like. Get it yo.

3. scand

scand I like parsley

I've never done spring planting, but we plant our fall plots in August with a number of things depending on location and sunlight amount.

Austrian winter peas and clover is our standard every year...but they don't hit it until December because we have so many white oaks. Clover does well in shitty soil

On my private plot I plant a collard/turnip mix.

erkinator likes this.
  4. Woodstock

Woodstock Sniper

Are you in a club? If it's nearby send me some info if there's any openings.

5. erkinator

erkinator AV Monkey
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

Monroe county, we have 1 opening. Have 2 guys soon to be given prostrate exam to maybe become member. If not pan out,will holler.