This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Welcome OHGunOwners Members! OHGunOwners has come together with Southeast Traders to build one awesome outdoor and gun trading community. More members, more content, more classifieds and more fun to be experienced. We've made the transition as seamless as possible, so you can use your existing login credentials. If you have any issues, email [email protected] and we will take care of it for you!
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk power tools.

Discussion in 'General Hobbies' started by Matt Ellerbee, Apr 14, 2017.

1. AtlMedic

AtlMedic Not A Doctor
    Super Moderator Trusted Trader Site Supporter

I think there is a big difference between household and professional use. My ryobi tools have been great for household use, but I doubt they would last a year in a professional setting. I'd love to buy nothing but high end tools but realistically the ryobi stuff has been more than adequate at a fraction of the cost

EugenFJR likes this.
  2. Hoss

Hoss Mall Cop
    Administrator Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

I buy nothing but high end tools.... from pawn shops. True Story

3. Willy Leadwell

Willy Leadwell Purveyor of Polyurethane
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

I don't frequent pawn shops, but from what I've seen the prices are stupid. Like almost full retail stupid.

4. AtlMedic

AtlMedic Not A Doctor
    Super Moderator Trusted Trader Site Supporter

I've looked but the shops near me either don't have them or they want damn near as much as new.

I don't mind spending the money for quality when needed. I refuse to buy wrenches, sockets or screw drivers that are not snap-on, Matco, or maybe Blue point. But for the price of one high end cordless drill I can buy two or three ryobi tools that do everything I need.

Other power tools like saws I won't buy inexpensive because I can tell a difference between ryobi and say a dewalt.

5. Darkdiesel

Darkdiesel Hunter
    Site Supporter

I carry the items to the front and ask for the cash price, the owners will give a good deal and usually make change from what they have in their pocket... I've never seen my cash hit the register or gotten a receipt. Gotten some pretty killer deals on deer stands and chain saws, up to $100 or 50% off the sticker.

6. Matt Ellerbee

Matt Ellerbee Tracker
    Site Supporter

[​IMG]
    Added some lights to my kit.

Rwjeter likes this.