Lets talk about adjustable gas blocks

American Revival Apparel Company

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Well, got myself a DRD Paratus 7.62 and it is severely over gassed. Ripped the case head right off. This is not what I was expecting from a higher end factory built rifle. I'm taking it over to them to go over, but I'm guessing I'll be buying a new gas block as the current one is not adjustable and due to the bolt/recoil system, I can't really change out springs and buffer.

So question is this, any specific gas blocks anyone has hands on experience and recommends? Haven't looked into any new tech recently and I figure there is some great new product I don't know about at this point. Am looking at the Noveske switchblock, but they don't seem to make one for 7.62 and they seem to be set-up specific. Also looked at the Superior Arms bleed off AGB, but there isn't much on it outside of speculation, and it appears that it would drop velocity quite a bit. I have Odins on most my small cal AR's.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Well, that went well.

Anywho, bought a couple Superlative Arms "bleed off" gas blocks. Will be running one on a 6.5 creedmoor gasser that I have had trouble getting the gas just right, and the other on the 16 inch Paratus, which has some intrinsic troubles in timing due to the DI system it utilizes. Will hopefully have range reports come Monday the 16th.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Never heard of DRD before. What made you choose it over say a Scar 17?
Local and breakdown/packability. And not many folks have them. The right choice? I dunno, I just think these cool and like supporting the local guy. I want a Kivaari, but can't come close to justifying it though. I've shot a Scar 17 enough to scratch that itch.

Reactions: Righter13

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
In for the follow up report. Looks the type of system I've been searching for.

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
I've put adjustable gas blocks on both of my DI AR308's. Just make sure to get steel one (with lock screw) and take your time. Shoot 1 round at a time, and adjust it until the bolt locks back several times and then open it up about 1/3 to 1/2 turn more and it should be GTG with any ammo/mag. Also, make sure you aren't using a suppressor when you do this if you want it to run unsuppressed. Recoil should be reduced and shell casings should all be landing close if done correctly.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Took it out Monday. Have it timed up well for a can.

Will say, it does not like winchester white box. LOL. It was minute of barn at 700 with that crap. Need to get a load together for it.

Reactions: chance