Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Lazy lowers collecting dust you guys kill me !! Ain’t no way !?!

Spikes lower unique roll marks unlike any other

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Lazy lowers collecting dust you guys kill me !! Ain’t no way !?!

Spikes lower unique roll marks unlike any other

Now I have 2 SBR lowers with no upper..

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I almost quoted ya but passed on it. They should be together tho uppers and lowers were made for each other.

So I guess I'm the only one that has five or seven lowers sitting around with nothing on them... I have an upper that isn't really built for any one of them, but they could go together. I've also ended up with three unassembled uppers... and have some barrels, handrails, etc. that I could turn into finished uppers.

Reactions: karlvv

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
So I guess I'm the only one that has five or seven lowers sitting around with nothing on them... I have an upper that isn't really built for any one of them, but they could go together. I've also ended up with three unassembled uppers... and have some barrels, handrails, etc. that I could turn into finished uppers.

Nothin but air and opportunity when you take a break from leatherman kudos man you got fires to put out.

Reactions: dial1911

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
I have 3 Complete Uppers still New in Box because they were Cheap and I have a bunch of Stripped Uppers and lowers not built yet as well LOL.

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
Well, I do have a can cannon that needs a lower to go mortars away and at least 2 uppers that are in "limbo" until I decide what I want to do with them. BTW, I do have a burnt bronze honey badger with a sub 1k serial that is in the stack.

If you really want to feel sad :blue:, I have a M1A that has never been shot (and I'm 3rd owner). Waiting to take it to the master guru and let him start with a clean slate that hasn't been fired. The other one has already seen the inside of Hook's old shop.:becky:

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
I have one that I put a 5R barrel in and still haven't shot it. And a 16" 9mm upper that I haven't shot yet... thought about trying it out with the endo mags.

The 5R barrels shoot good in 223. I have one with a NV setup that I need to get a final zero at 200 and find a hog/yote hunting so for.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Well, I do have a can cannon that needs a lower to go mortars away and at least 2 uppers that are in "limbo" until I decide what I want to do with them. BTW, I do have a burnt bronze honey badger with a sub 1k serial that is in the stack.

If you really want to feel sad :blue:, I have a M1A that has never been shot (and I'm 3rd owner). Waiting to take it to the master guru and let him start with a clean slate that hasn't been fired. The other one has already seen the inside of Hook's old shop.:becky:

Hook passed away a few years ago. The man was a legend.

H

Hoss

That's.... Uh.... Not, like....uh.... Hmmmmm how to say this... He's not exactly in a position to accept new customers... Per sei... Yeah, I would find someone else.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net

I've thought about buying a couple of the clearance PSA uppers when they were sub $200. Never did though. I think I want a good quality barrel and build out one of the uppers.

The problem I have with lowers is that I already have a couple with good triggers and good stocks/buffers... and it's easy to just pin on a different upper for a range trip. I think that's the main reason I haven't built out more lowers. It costs a lot to put a good one together.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I sincerely wish I'd met him.

I spent the day with him a couple of years before he passed. He was a hoot.

Wish I could have spent more time. A true high point in my gun hobby.

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
Hook's shop is now being run by Steve Edwards (Hook spent the last 10+ years living at his house before he passed). All his tools and knowledge were passed along. Steve was in the same line of "work" as Hook and was taught by the master. He really knows his stuff and is still marking receivers with the same piece of chalk if that tells you anything. He is very modest; but knows the platform in extreme detail. 4.5# trigger (no more or less) is just part of what he does to get the platform to MOA or better.

Reactions: Balthaz