American Revival Apparel Company

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I have been seeing their name pop up allover the place here lately.
Me too. It’s awesome. They’re great guys and I’d love to see them go places. They have awesome product.

Reactions: chance

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
The 30 cal is not full auto rated? Was that a mistake? Seems like it should be FA rated with the materials and price tag.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
The 30 cal is not full auto rated? Was that a mistake? Seems like it should be FA rated with the materials and price tag.
They geared it towards more of a precision rifle. Lightweight to keep Barrel sag down, prevent poi shift and more durable than aluminum. I can definitely see where they’re coming from.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I really wish they would have gone more into the specs and craftsmanship of the suppressors. They did touch on the quality of the welds, but there wasn't really any look into the guts of the can, or what makes them special and unique. Eric and Chad have been off of their game since the yankee marshal feud, and it's too bad. I miss the quality of content that they used to put out.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I really wish they would have gone more into the specs and craftsmanship of the suppressors. They did touch on the quality of the welds, but there wasn't really any look into the guts of the can, or what makes them special and unique. Eric and Chad have been off of their game since the yankee marshal feud, and it's too bad. I miss the quality of content that they used to put out.
Yeah, seems they are just videos Of them shooting and not as much of them diving into the products.

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Titanium is very tough and resistant to the abrasion experienced in a silencer, but it isnt the best option for a full auto rifle silencer. A mag dump wouldnt be any problem at all, but we dont want to say its full auto rated and then have someone get it glowing hot from dumping 10 mags back to back and destroy it. Its meant as a light weight PRS and long distance hunting can. Full auto pistol calibers should be fine too, but we are going to be doing more testing with that to see if we can find a limit.

We are also looking into some high nickel alloy steels to do a run of bomb proof cans when time allows.

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Ill grab some pics tomorrow

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net

I could see wanting to protect trade secrets... the particular shape of baffles/grooves/etc could be a reason for not showing off the guts... although, if the competition wanted to know, they can buy one and cut it up. That's what we used to do.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Nope. No reason to have a serviceable rifle can cause theres nothing to service. Only thing you might want to clean is the mounting threads and taper.

It's welded like that because each piece is a machined baffle?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yes, machined from solid bar stock titanium. Each baffle threads together and locks down on tapers for best concentricity and straightness. Then fully welded for strength
Did you take any behind the scenes pics while making the video? I'd love to meet those two guys some day, they seem pretty genuine.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Yes, machined from solid bar stock titanium. Each baffle threads together and locks down on tapers for best concentricity and straightness. Then fully welded for strength
Wow. That’s above and beyond bro. I can’t wait to see it in person.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
@chance, looks well designed. The precision market could do with another well thought out and executed design. May look at getting it into some hands to get some more press. Figure out a way to sponsor a good shooter, and other will buy just cause.
Thomas Woods is holding a bimonthly suppressor only PRS style match. Could be a good way to get some word out and show it off.

Reactions: Rwjeter