Faktory 47

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
yup my dads best friend has a small house and a boat down there just for going out on, they went this past weekend and caught a shitload of amberjack, sadly couldn't keep any right now but one was a friggin massive 80lbs. . .that one would have hurt to throw back . . .but he went without me so screw him :cry2:

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I going to lower PCB in September. @dougiemac what was the cost for 5 hours ?

5-hour charter was $750. That's for the entire boat...whether it's just you, you and the significant other or up to 6? I believe would fit easily on that vessel. There's a 3% credit card charge it you charge it instead of cash. This was competitive for the size of boat, quality of the captain and mate (read about Dark Side Charters on Yelp) and the equipment.

The mate (Myles) works on tips, and he was awesome, so we tipped him 18%.

The fish cleaners charge $0.75 per lb to clean or $1.00 per pound to clean and de-skin.

Like I said we hit a 20+lb King Mackerel within the first 10 mins and caught fish all day with very little lulls. Both my son's arms and my arms are sore from fighting fish for 5 hours but it was TOTALLY worth it!

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
What the advantage/disadvantages of sit on vs sit in?

I like the low center or gravity of the sit in. I also prefer to stay as dry as possible if I'm just cruising around in my every day clothes.

If you're swimming and stuff, you can climb back onto a sit on top from the water. That's pretty difficult to do with a sit inside.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I like the low center or gravity of the sit in. I also prefer to stay as dry as possible if I'm just cruising around in my every day clothes.

If you're swimming and stuff, you can climb back onto a sit on top from the water. That's pretty difficult to do with a sit inside.
THIS. Sit ons wobble around more. Girls like them as to not have tan lines lol. I prefer the lower center of gravity on my sit in.

I have a cheapo $200 ish 10 footer from Dicks. Its been great. I spent like $25 on amazon and got a paddle clip and rod holder. Got me a fishing kayak for half the price hahaha

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I went on a buying spree a few years ago. Bought some sit ins, sit ons, fishing, inflatable, etc. When just the wife and I go out the two we always take are the cheap 10 Sun Dolphin sit in Kayaks we bought at Walmart for under 200 bucks. They track straight, are fast and easy to maneuver and really stable.

I feel funny leaving the more expensive Kayaks at the house and taking the little cheapies, and for a while I would let my wife take the sun dolphin and I would take a sit on fishing kayak. Anymore though, for just tooling around I just can't beat the cheap boats from Walmart.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Only other downside to a sit-in is probably how much of you will stuff in it!!!

I haven't tried sitting in one, so I may have a problem!