Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
Well if most of you don't know me, I love salt water fishing....alot.

Just picked up my second St. Croix Mojo Inshore rod MHF 7-0 and one of the new Daiwa BG 3000's to compliment my other one. 10/10 highly recommend both as affordable options. I have 3 years on my last St croix mojo and counting.

Reactions: Rwjeter and Cudruln

Hoss

I have no idea who owns this place
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 11, 2019
here
My family has recently started kayak'ing. Basically, we all have sit-on-top kayaks that can handle light to moderate rapids and long flowing cruises. We've done several different runs on the Ocmulgee between Monticello and Macon. We've also got the Yellow River from I20 down to Porterdale and from Porterdale down to Jackson Lake. Where are your favorite spots to put in and take out within an hour or two of metro Atlanta?

Reactions: FatAlbert

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I don't know where to kayak over there, but if you ever start catfishing or running jugs I can help you out. I bought my kayak in 2016, shortly thereafter I sold my boat, haven't looked back.

Reactions: dial1911

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
we do lots of the state parks like yargo. also if you ever close to athens then broad river is always a blast. very easy but generally always moving.

troutman

Scout
Sep 23, 2015
Cartersville
The Etowah is a beautiful river in the Cartersville area. I paddle below the lake. Plenty of put in/take put spots so your trip can be from 2 hrs to 2 days and everything in between.

Reactions: Cudruln

the_great_white

The Father of Karlvv and the Legend he tries to be
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
The Interwebs!
Lots of good floats on the Flint River. Sprewell Bluff park to hwy 36 bridge is one of the more popular ones here. But I put in and take out all over. Pretty much anywhere from the bridge on flat shoals Rd in pike county to the bridge on hwy 19 south of thomaston.

River is about as low as I've ever seen it right now though.

meh.....just take a lunch and picnic on the rocks......:pop2:

Last edited:
Reactions: FatAlbert

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
A new DNR regulation that could effect a number of Georgia boaters in the way they use their boats on Georgia waterways.

Dear Georgia BoatU.S. Member:

We need your help to send a message to Governor Kemp and Georgia DNR regarding a new anchoring regulation that places a significant restriction on your freedom to enjoy the state's waters. Under a new rule, boats cannot anchor overnight within 1,000 feet of any shore side structure. This rule eliminates a vast portion of Georgia's coastal waters from a traditional use, effectively taking this shared resource away from many boaters. Please email the Georgia Department of Natural Resources (DNR) requesting they repeal this onerous rule and work with the boating community to come up with commonsense anchoring regulations. Click here to send your message: Take Action

This new rule was created in response to legislation, Georgia House Bill 201, passed early last year with little notice or engagement of the boating community. This legislation directed DNR to establish anchoring regulations, establish anchorage areas and prohibited overnight anchoring of boats outside of these designated anchorages. DNR did engage in a public process to develop these rules and then finalized them on December 30th of 2019. (You can see BoatU.S. comments here.)
Specifically, the rule restricts overnight anchoring within 1,000 feet of any structure, such as public and private docks, wharves, bridges, piers and pilings, except in areas near marinas. This 1,000-foot offset needlessly eliminates anchorages all over the state. It will affect numerous boaters, many of whom transit Georgia waters as part of the annual migration along the Intracoastal Waterway (ICW) that brings in millions of dollars to Georgia businesses. There is no reasonable safety or waterway-management reason for taking such a significant swath of state waters from the boating public.
Curiously, DNR did create so-called "Marina Zones" that allow boaters to anchor as close as 300 feet to marinas or facilities that provide fuel, dinghy access, provisions, vessel maintenance or other services, regardless of whether other structures exist nearby. This can only lead to the conclusion that the reason for the greater offset from private structures outside these zones was to provide waterfront landowners with near exclusive use and enjoyment of our shared waterways
BoatU.S. recognizes the need for states to manage their waterways and supports reasonable regulations that protect the public's access. We also firmly believe the ability to anchor overnight is an important part of how many boater choose to enjoy the water.

Please send a message today asking to repeal this rule.

Take Action

Contact BoatU.S. Government Affairs at GovtAffairs@BoatUS.com if you have additional questions.

Thank you for being a BoatU.S. Member!

David B. Kennedy
BoatU.S. Government Affairs
GovtAffairs@BoatUS.com
703-461-2878 x8363
Advocacy.BoatUS.com

• Angry
Reactions: Grunk