Really?

:tsk:

Grunk

Lying Dog-Faced Pony Soldier
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Way more at stake in VA than most people seem to realize. Many levels of badness. Bloomberg was in AL this past week!
Welcome to SET. I wish I could say you were wrong, but I can't. I'm hoping enough gun owners will learn from Virginia that we have to vote in every election at every level. With the kind of money Blomberg can throw around, no place is a "it could never happen here" place anymore.

Vendetta

Hunter
Oct 31, 2019
Manchester
All the guns in the whole USA are worthless if people aren't actually willing to use them. The scumbag politicians have gotten away with chipping away at our rights for so long that they are basically just daring anyone to do something now. They've grown tired of waiting and are going for the end goal with every expectation that "the people" will do nothing but piss and moan and vote in the next useless election to try to "fix" things. And I think the easy response of saying "they got what they voted for" doesn't work anymore either. Demoncrats have long showed they are liars, cheats, thieves and general soulless scum with no self respect that will do anything possible to win an election-legal/moral or otherwise. And the other side of the aisle are nothing but weak kneed, limp wristed, squabblers that just look to compromise wherever possible. Neither side is working for me or you at this point.

Grunk

Lying Dog-Faced Pony Soldier
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code

Here's one thing I took from this article:

Founding Father George Mason was quoted.

“Threat’ned with the Destruction of our Civil-rights, & Liberty,” wrote George Mason, the volunteers pledged that “we will, each of us, constantly keep by us” a musket, six pounds of gunpowder, and 20 pounds of lead.”

On google, I found a conversion that said there are 7000 grains in 1 pound. For a 62 grain 5.56 round, twenty pounds of lead would give you 2258-ish rounds – enough to fill about 75 30-round magazines. Now, a colonial lead ball was much larger than today’s lead projectiles (averaging 490 grains in this article), 20 pounds of lead still gets you 285 musket balls. At an average rate of fire of 3 to 4 rounds a minute, that’s well over an hour of sustained fire. I don't think Mr. Mason & his Virginia miltia were planning to just deer hunt a lot.