Georgia
Reactions: JMUshotgunner

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I like the concept. Although it looks like they just wrapped a big kydex 'baffle' around the end of the pistol. I'm sure there's more to it than that.

I'm also not sure about the claim "hearing safe with all factory ammo"... after getting my first 9mm can, all I had was 115 grain super sonic ammo. So I took it to the range with that ammo. Damn that first round made me think twice about shooting it anymore! The supersonic crack was about as loud as a non-suppressed .22LR rifle.

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
Looks like the gun the Sandmen used in Logan's Run.
0a1f28cb64783f62b5f548578ffa2668.jpg

JMUshotgunner

Hunter
Aug 9, 2015
Virginia
I like the concept. Although it looks like they just wrapped a big kydex 'baffle' around the end of the pistol. I'm sure there's more to it than that.

I'm also not sure about the claim "hearing safe with all factory ammo"... after getting my first 9mm can, all I had was 115 grain super sonic ammo. So I took it to the range with that ammo. Damn that first round made me think twice about shooting it anymore! The supersonic crack was about as loud as a non-suppressed .22LR rifle.

"First round pop" is an issue with pretty much all silencers from what I understand. Were you at an indoor range? That would make a big difference since the waves of the supersonic crack just bounce around rather than disperse as they would at an outdoor.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
"First round pop" is an issue with pretty much all silencers from what I understand. Were you at an indoor range? That would make a big difference since the waves of the supersonic crack just bounce around rather than disperse as they would at an outdoor.

No outdoor gun club. I'm all too familiar with FRP and everybody's theory on why it happens. I shot 8 or 10 rounds out of that first magazine. My initial reaction was "why the hell did I buy this thing?"... After loading some 147 and 124 grain subsonic rounds, it's been a very good can. Shooting the Guardian 9 next to the Tirant, I can't really tell much of a difference.

Now the Tirant is much lighter and has fancier machined details for sure. Performance wise, the cheap one and the expensive one are about the same in my ear's opinion.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
No outdoor gun club. I'm all too familiar with FRP and everybody's theory on why it happens. I shot 8 or 10 rounds out of that first magazine. My initial reaction was "why the hell did I buy this thing?"... After loading some 147 and 124 grain subsonic rounds, it's been a very good can. Shooting the Guardian 9 next to the Tirant, I can't really tell much of a difference.

Now the Tirant is much lighter and has fancier machined details for sure. Performance wise, the cheap one and the expensive one are about the same in my ear's opinion.
Guardian 9 doesn't have much FRP

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Its interesting, and im sure people will buy it. I can never be upset that there are more options on the market.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
The 2nd worst thing about this gun is how much it will cost!