Illegal Search and Seizure in South Carolina?

Sasquatch
Sep 5, 2015
Hilton Head, SC
Zip code
He didn't see the humor...

The criminal case for the citation is in purgatory until the docket jury selection.
I'll drop a motion to dismiss next week and see where that goes.

Fucknugget cited me for operating an unsafe vehicle because of a single blown tail light, but SC code specifically only requires one tail light..

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
Close.
He asked about weapons, I told him that I had one in a bag in the back. He asked me to retrieve and unload it and give it to him so he could run the serial.
I said 'i can't do that until you show me a warrant'
He opened the door and seized my bag, took it back to his car, rummaged through it and checked the serial of my weapon.
Typical cop on a power trip. I’ve had run-ins with several like that over the years. They’re not hard to find.

BangBang

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
What would he have done if your gun was an 80% lower with NO serial??
I’ve got an 80% AR and I’m sure it’s going to be a fucking fiasco if I ever get pulled over in Madison County and have to deal with one of the local Barney Fife dip shits.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Update:
Spoke with an Lt. At the department who gave me the whole 'being a cop is a dangerous profession' BS and dodged anything about PC or RAS. He did, however, give me the same, wildly in accurate, guidance on storing a firearm in my law and claimed it came from their department firearms instructor.
What law was that? Bc I’ve called SLED and they said I couldn’t carry a loaded rifle in my car but wouldn’t give me the code section

BangBang

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
I’ve called SLED and they said I couldn’t carry a loaded rifle in my car but wouldn’t give me the code section
Do some research on the SLED website and see if you can find the codes yourself.

Cops are the last people you want to ask about any law. The one you got on the phone probably just had a personal preference that you not carry a loaded gun in the car so he told you it was illegal.

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
He didn't see the humor...

The criminal case for the citation is in purgatory until the docket jury selection.
I'll drop a motion to dismiss next week and see where that goes.

Fucknugget cited me for operating an unsafe vehicle because of a single blown tail light, but SC code specifically only requires one tail light..
It is interesting you mention that because I remember a news story from a few years ago about a gentleman driving a Mercedes and being pulled over for a tail light out and it ended up costing him his life.