Illegal Search and Seizure in South Carolina?

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Super Moderator
Mar 14, 2016
She looks so happy to see me again......
I'm guessing the camera in her face had nothing to do with that look on her face. :rolleyes:

Also, you need to remember, the standard isn't "relevant to guilt or punishment" but MATERIAL. There is a HUGE legal difference in the two. The only disciplinary history I have to turn over for an officer is if that discipline involved dishonesty. Other types of discipline are not material to guilt or punishment.

Sasquatch
Sep 5, 2015
Hilton Head, SC
Zip code
I'm guessing the camera in her face had nothing to do with that look on her face. :rolleyes:
Just doin what the nice lady at the clerk's office asked me to do for hand service.
It seemed a little stupid to me as well since we were about 15 feet from the clerk's window at the time.

also, you need to remember, the standard isn't "relevant to guilt or punishment" but MATERIAL. There is a HUGE legal difference in the two. The only disciplinary history I have to turn over for an officer is if that discipline involved dishonesty. Other types of discipline are not material to guilt or punishment.
'relevant' was just a brain fart. If they have an objection to my demands, they can file one and we can have a hearing. Their standard of just ignoring it isn't gonna fly. Well, it might in municipal.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Super Moderator
Mar 14, 2016
No, they don't have to file an objection to your demands. If they don't give you what you think they need to, the onus is on you to file your Brady motions or a motion to compel, THEN you can get your hearing. But them just ignoring any portion of your request they don't think they need to fulfill is normal. They aren't going to waste their time with a bunch of filings unless you get it to the point where they have to respond at a hearing. You have to remember that they likely get tons of such request, many of which are completely ridiculous. I'm not saying yours are, but from their perspective, you are one of a whole bunch of pro se defendants. And most of those are nothing but a waste of time with no real standing. It would not be practical to respond to every improper discovery request. They just hand over what they are required and ignore the rest.