I rarely ask...

Laufen

Badass
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
UPDATE

My grandfather had bleeding on the brain. He had damage to the right frontal portion of his brain from the blood pooling. They did emergency surgery and stopped the bleeding and added some tubes to allow the blood to drain out completely, which it has. His brain looks good, with the exception of the damage and that is what the concern is with the physicians. They say he may never recover better than the state he is currently in, which is in bed, labored breathing, agitated and cant swallow. So I have been praying for a recovery back to his normal self, but my faith is being tested. They're placing him on a ventilator this morning, so things are not looking good.

View attachment 49679

On a lighter note, when he got out of surgery, the doctor woke him up to see if he new his name and what year it was. My grandpa responded, "yes, Paul" (Paul is my grandfather's name) and then when asked about what year it was, he looked up at the obviously liberal minded doctor and said, "20TRUMP!" My grandpa is a badass even coming out of brain surgery.

View attachment 49678
What a guy. I wish him the best and a miraculous recovery.

dougiemac

UFC Champ
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
UPDATE

Last night Grandpa had the ventilator removed and was breathing on his own with a robust CPaP machine assisting some. He opened his eyes, recognized me, tried to talk (which he couldn’t) and rubbed my arm and he’ll my hand. They’re monitoring his progress and if all continues to go well they will leave him this way to recover. If he isn’t getting enough oxygen in his blood, then they will put him back on the ventilator.

Grunk

Sweeping the Steps of your Empire
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
UPDATE

Last night Grandpa had the ventilator removed and was breathing on his own with a robust CPaP machine assisting some. He opened his eyes, recognized me, tried to talk (which he couldn’t) and rubbed my arm and he’ll my hand. They’re monitoring his progress and if all continues to go well they will leave him this way to recover. If he isn’t getting enough oxygen in his blood, then they will put him back on the ventilator.
Great news. Small steps are still progress.

Reactions: dougiemac

dougiemac

UFC Champ
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
UPDATE

Surprisingly I came to the hospital this morning and the nurses had him sitting in a special chair. He was alert - in and out - winking, giving thumbs up, trying to talk, and following commands.

If the Japanese couldn’t kill him, bleeding on the brain won’t kill him! This man is strong for 90!

Grunk

Sweeping the Steps of your Empire
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
UPDATE

Surprisingly I came to the hospital this morning and the nurses had him sitting in a special chair. He was alert - in and out - winking, giving thumbs up, trying to talk, and following commands.

If the Japanese couldn’t kill him, bleeding on the brain won’t kill him! This man is strong for 90!
Even more good news! For strong-willed people each bit of progress is self-reinforcing. he sounds like the kind of man who will take each improvement as a motivation to work harder for the next one.

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
UPDATE

Glad to hear he is progressing right along. Will continue to pray for a speedy recovery. Keep us updated.

Hayata

This Space for Rent
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Congrats on the grand child and glad to hear you grandfather is getting better. Will continue to keep all in my prayers.