I got kicked off the range today

Howard Law

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I’m a member here:
http://www.elbertcogunclub.com/

$10 per month ($120 per year) gets me and my family 7-days-a-week access anytime dawn till dusk. I’ve been there several mornings when it was only me and a buddy in the whole place.

400 yard rifle range, 100 yard rimfire range, several different pistol ranges and more clay shooting stations than I have even bothered to count (shotgun isn’t my thing)

The place is awesome.

I took these pics at the rimfire range last weekend. We were the only ones on the rimfire range for the 2 hours we were there.

View attachment 41972 View attachment 41973 View attachment 41974

Hey, looks like a great place if I want to drive for 3+ hours each way...which I do not.

40 minutes from me there's a range that has 500 yd, 100 yd and 50 yd, plus a pistol range and shotgun stages.
Problem is in order to do the 500 yd, you gotta be a member ($250 /yr) and willing to go on a Wednesday morning at 0900 or afternoon at 1400. Otherwise it's only 100yd.
I had a membership there last year, and went 6-7 times. Most times it was only 1 or 2 other guys there, and a pretty decent place, but my ability to take off every Wednesday has decreased drastically.

So I'm trying to find another range in my area...and not to hijack the thread...SO I CAN GET THROWN OUT OF IT TOO.:madgrin2:

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Nevermind. Haven't been there in a while. Russ creeps me out.
I believe you're mistaking them for American Heritage.

Why would Russ creep you out? That dude not only knows his shit, but would give you the shirt off his back.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I believe you're mistaking them for American Heritage.

Why would Russ creep you out? That dude not only knows his shit, but would give you the shirt off his back.

I don't want to see his nips. That's creepy.

Reactions: 1776

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
Hey, looks like a great place if I want to drive for 3+ hours each way...which I do not.

40 minutes from me there's a range that has 500 yd, 100 yd and 50 yd, plus a pistol range and shotgun stages.
Problem is in order to do the 500 yd, you gotta be a member ($250 /yr) and willing to go on a Wednesday morning at 0900 or afternoon at 1400. Otherwise it's only 100yd.
I had a membership there last year, and went 6-7 times. Most times it was only 1 or 2 other guys there, and a pretty decent place, but my ability to take off every Wednesday has decreased drastically.

So I'm trying to find another range in my area...and not to hijack the thread...SO I CAN GET THROWN OUT OF IT TOO.:madgrin2:
The “Wednesday only” would’ve been a deal breaker for me. I can only get out to the range on the weekends.

I went for a few hours yesterday. There were actually 5 other people there. It was the busiest I’ve ever seen it that early in the morning. One of the guys there was a new member from Lawrenceville. He said he loves the place compared to shooting at Bullseye.

Reactions: Axeman

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
The “Wednesday only” would’ve been a deal breaker for me. I can only get out to the range on the weekends.

I went for a few hours yesterday. There were actually 5 other people there. It was the busiest I’ve ever seen it that early in the morning. One of the guys there was a new member from Lawrenceville. He said he loves the place compared to shooting at Bullseye.

I love not going to the range compared to shooting at the suicide dungeon...errr...I mean Bullseye.

Reactions: BangBang

BangBang

Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
I love not going to the range compared to shooting at the suicide dungeon...errr...I mean Bullseye.
I’ve never been to Bullseye myself but that guy had me ROLLING yesterday talking about walking in with his guns intending to shoot, but then turning around and walking right back out when he saw some of what was going on there.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I’ve never been to Bullseye myself but that guy had me ROLLING yesterday talking about walking in with his guns intending to shoot, but then turning around and walking right back out when he saw some of what was going on there.

The range is down in almost a basement, there's never a RSO down there and I don't think that they even have any cameras down there to where they can watch from the shop(if they do, they definitely don't watch them). I've never been muzzle swept(with loaded guns) as much as I have in all the other places I've been combined than I have at that range the few times I've gone in there. Plus there have been several times that people have gone in there and rented guns and then gone down to the range and blown their heads off. That's why us locals call it "the suicide dungeon."

Reactions: Axeman and BangBang

BangBang

Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
The range is down in almost a basement, there's never a RSO down there and I don't think that they even have any cameras down there to where they can watch from the shop(if they do, they definitely don't watch them). I've never been muzzle swept(with loaded guns) as much as I have in all the other places I've been combined than I have at that range the few times I've gone in there. Plus there have been several times that people have gone in there and rented guns and then gone down to the range and blown their heads off. That's why us locals call it "the suicide dungeon."
Yeah, that guy was telling me it’s quite an adventure there. LOL

That was what prompted him to do some searching online and how he found our range. He said it’s worth the drive to be able to shoot outdoors and to not have to worry about being shot in the back the whole time.

Reactions: Axeman

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code

I grew up in Loganville, went to high school at South Gwinnett. Bullseye was where I bought my first pistol.
Yeah, it's not a great place, especially when compared to the much nicer shops/ranges here in Cobb.
I remember "RangeMaster" (or maybe it was "Master Gunman" - something Masterbatory in any case) in Stone Mountain (Mtn Park) was pretty rough too.
Y'all ever been there?

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I grew up in Loganville, went to high school at South Gwinnett. Bullseye was where I bought my first pistol.
Yeah, it's not a great place, especially when compared to the much nicer shops/ranges here in Cobb.
I remember "RangeMaster" (or maybe it was "Master Gunman" - something Masterbatory in any case) in Stone Mountain (Mtn Park) was pretty rough too.
Y'all ever been there?

Summit Chase?

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Yup. You can get to it from 78 or Rosebud.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Yup. You can get to it from 78 or Rosebud.

Been too long since I really wandered those roads - and they went and changed a bunch of them around, so I got lost the last time I was there, and suddenly found the Fairgrounds...realized I was in Lawrenceville!

Reactions: Jake