I got kicked off the range today

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
They just thought I was shooting too fast. It's disappointing what gets classified as rapid fire these days...
That's why I like shooting at the 42 North range in Stockbridge, they don't care if it's steel-core ammo or how fast you shoot. The only downside to that spot is that you'll occasionally get some inexperienced folks in there unloading mags as fast as they can, you'll look over at their target that is 20yds out and see that they didn't even put one on paper.

Leadhoof

Dumb Bottom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Florida
e621.net
Zip code
That's why I like shooting at the 42 North range in Stockbridge, they don't care if it's steel-core ammo or how fast you shoot. The only downside to that spot is that you'll occasionally get some inexperienced folks in there unloading mags as fast as they can, you'll look over at their target that is 20yds out and see that they didn't even put one on paper.

It's a little harder to find a public range in northern Illinois that allows rapid fire. The one I frequent usually lets us get away with testing full auto prototypes, but they must not have been in good moods today.

Reactions: BangBang

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
It's a little harder to find a public range in northern Illinois that allows rapid fire. The one I frequent usually lets us get away with testing full auto prototypes, but they must not have been in good moods today.
Ah, yeah ... You're in the world of FOID and all that fun stuff :(
I grew up in Ohio, they were the same way there with ranges; Here in GA they still vary significantly. The "typical" range in GA restricts you to double-taps (or have a rule of no more than 1 shot per second), no steel-core ammo, no rifle rounds unless they have a specific aisle for it, etc, etc.

I feel your pain, brotha!

Leadhoof

Dumb Bottom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Florida
e621.net
Zip code
Ah, yeah ... You're in the world of FOID and all that fun stuff :(
I grew up in Ohio, they were the same way there with ranges; Here in GA they still vary significantly. The "typical" range in GA restricts you to double-taps (or have a rule of no more than 1 shot per second), no steel-core ammo, no rifle rounds unless they have a specific aisle for it, etc, etc.

I feel your pain, brotha!

I'll find a way out of here eventually. Then I could actually make it to a meet and greet.

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
I’m a member at an outdoor range and they don’t allow “rapid fire” either.

Luckily it’s on 100 acres and when you join they just give you a code to unlock the gate so you can go out there and shoot whenever you want.

You can start shooting at sun-up and the range masters don’t usually show up until after 9 or so.

:thumb:

H

Hoss

That place got shut down.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I’m a member at an outdoor range and they don’t allow “rapid fire” either.

Luckily it’s on 100 acres and when you join they just give you a code to unlock the gate so you can go out there and shoot whenever you want.

You can start shooting at sun-up and the range masters don’t usually show up until after 9 or so.

:thumb:

You're at least fairly near GunSite Hills - I saw their website - really nice!

I think we need to open a place near Paulding County (but NOT in Paulding), close enough for the West Cobb-ers to go and do Long Range Precision Shooting.
Like maybe 800+ yards.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Reactions: BangBang

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
You're at least fairly near GunSite Hills - I saw their website - really nice!
I’m a member here:
http://www.elbertcogunclub.com/

$10 per month ($120 per year) gets me and my family 7-days-a-week access anytime dawn till dusk. I’ve been there several mornings when it was only me and a buddy in the whole place.

400 yard rifle range, 100 yard rimfire range, several different pistol ranges and more clay shooting stations than I have even bothered to count (shotgun isn’t my thing)

The place is awesome.

I took these pics at the rimfire range last weekend. We were the only ones on the rimfire range for the 2 hours we were there.

3BFF719F-926D-4C81-B8CA-4290974649DD.jpeg F0C420F3-A11F-4CAB-8255-F92D46150B41.jpeg 40BFB78E-5078-478D-84BD-8DAB4A1C5485.jpeg