I can't believe I'm considering this.

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Why do factory guns suck so badly? Anyway, after the range session for work a couple weeks ago, I figured I'd do the unthinkable. I'd buy a Glock 17. I've never owned one, but I shot several that had been "zevved out" and modified pretty heavily, and shot them well very well. The sucky thing is that the $450 pistol is going to need a $200 trigger, $65 magwell, and probably a $200 barrel to do what I need it to do.

Is it worth it? Yeah I guess...I just hate the thought of a $1000 Glock, but it'll be fast.

Dumb? Lipstick on a pig?

Last edited:

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
There's a shit load of competitors running and winning with $1000 plus Glocks. If that's the kind of shooting you're wanting to do why think twice about it?
I just hate the idea of buying a gun and then gutting it because it sucked from the factory.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
It just seems wasteful, but there aren't a lot of factory guns that are really set up very well for my preferences.

Of course not! If that was the case, someone should have a person come in and mold the gun to them! It's meant to be built upon, to fit you!

Just break out your dremel, you'll feel better!!!

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Of course not! If that was the case, someone should have a person come in and mold the gun to them! It's meant to be built upon, to fit you!

Just break out your dremel, you'll feel better!!!
Oh, I'll definitely sand around on the frame to be able to hold higher. I'm really bummed that the Arsenal Strike One's aren't being imported any longer.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
It just seems wasteful, but there aren't a lot of factory guns that are really set up very well for my preferences.
Just go buy a ZEV Glock and spend north of 2k! At least you won't be hacking it up. I think Glock has some performance models but they may be special order.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
What trigger and magwell do you need? Are you planning on building a competition gun?
Not sure on the trigger yet, but I'll get an ALG magwell (I get a sweet deal with them). It's going to be a "light duty" competition gun for lack of a better way of putting it. I just want something to compete with occasionally, but something that fits and is fast clearing a plate rack or the house of bad guys. I know exactly what I want and it's basically geared toward making my range trips more enjoyable and not winning a pistol shoot.

Reactions: AtlMedic

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Oh, I'll definitely sand around on the frame to be able to hold higher. I'm really bummed that the Arsenal Strike One's aren't being imported any longer.
Ummm..... Hold on. Got a link somewhere.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Alternatively, you could spend the dough on some training and end up wrecking mother fuckers with a bone stock Glock.

I always love going to the range and using my stock G19 to outshoot motherfuckers with their fancy ass, mega $$$ gats

Reactions: Rwjeter