Hudson Mfg. H9

American Revival Apparel Company

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I'm curious what everyone out there thinks of the Hudson Mfg. H9 pistol?  It made some news at SHOT Show and is an interesting concept.  Basically trying to mix the striker fire of a Glock, with the trigger and feel of a 1911, and a low bore axis like a CZ-75.  Not sure how I feel about the lowered recoil spring, but I can definitely see how it would allow for a high grip and great control.  Anyone gotten their hands on one yet? What do you all think about it?

View attachment 671

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
Looks very interesting. I haven't seen one and I admittedly know very little about it other than a couple articles/reviews. Obviously a bore axis that close to the hand is a huge benefit for a combat pistol. My one hangup (without handling one so this is just from first blush) is the idea of a 1911 trigger on a striker fired gun. I have several 1911s. I love the triggers, but would not carry any of my 1911s without a manual safety engaged. And I also strongly prefer my defensive pistols to have no manual thumb safety to be disengaged before use in a defensive scenario. So for me, it would take some serious convincing for me to carry this gun. I wouldn't want to carry it without a safety, but wouldn't carry it if it needed a safety to safely carry. While a 1911 trigger is great for competition and target shooting, there's just something about me that likes a little more travel in my carry guns. Maybe I'm nuts.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
That is the interesting thing about the H9, from my understanding the trigger design is similar to a 1911 in that it is a straight back pull trigger bar, but the trigger itself has a safety built in much like a Glock, XD, M&P.  Which in theory should allow for a safe carry condition, with a more 1911 like trigger pull.  Not sure if it has a firing pin block or drop safety like a Glock though.

View attachment 672

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
It's not the trigger safety I care about, it's the fact that a 1911 has virtually no travel. And Hudson advertises a 0.115 travel distance. That isn't enough for me in a carry gun.

dreesr1

Hunter
Aug 2, 2016
Ohio
Zip code
This is a very interesting gun. Is this just a concept/ is there a timeline for its release?

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
Everything I see says they are set to be available Spring 2017. MSRP is $1,147.  Very interesting design, but steep price to pay.

Edit: The price may be worth it once I finally get my hands on one and shoot it!

Last edited by a moderator: