How is everyone storing their ammo?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
I was thinking of writing about how I store my ammo and my experience with it, but before I do I am just wondering what everyone is using and how they're storing their ammunition.

Last edited by a moderator:

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
"Cool, dry place in an appropriate container"

Metal ammo cans in a room with a dedicated dehumidifier sorted by caliber. 

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
I don't have a bunch but what I do have is sitting on a shelf in my man room in the boxes they got shipped in. I try to use it every 6-12 months and follow the first in first out method of store stocking :D

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
Original boxes for me. My home is climate controlled, and my safes are climate controlled, so the cool dry place is already taken care of. The original boxes just make life easier for me. Plus, the cardboard will absorb moisture which is one added barrier to the ammo getting damp. Since guns are best stored in 50% (or just a little under) humidity (too dry is really just as bad for them as too moist), the cardboard helps get rid of the little bit of moisture in the air. Not to mention the convenience of being able to easily count it, see exactly what I have by just a glance, grab exactly the amount I want for the range, store it neatly in square boxes, and never risk mixing it up. Plus, I take ammo with me whenever I travel and TSA approves original boxes so that just makes it easier at the airport as well.