Help Wanted Hiring two trainees - auto body shop

Sheps

Frontiersman
Jun 24, 2015
www.youtube.com
Zip code
en5 1ae
Is it hard finding dudes to take these kind of gigs these days? Serious question, opposite side of the pond so I wouldn't know.

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2015
Hilton Head, SC
Zip code
Is it hard finding dudes to take these kind of gigs these days? Serious question, opposite side of the pond so I wouldn't know.
The skilled trades are suffering in America. Nobody wants to learn how to do shit with their hands, they just want to rack up $100k+ in student loan debt on a useless degree so they can work at Starbucks

Reactions: Kobayashi and Sheps

Sheps

Frontiersman
Jun 24, 2015
www.youtube.com
Zip code
en5 1ae
I followed that method and same thing happened even with a real degree, so being the genius I am I doubled down on more school. 1 part victim of school propaganda two parts not lifting my head up and opening muh eyes. :behindsofa:

Reactions: erkinator and 1776

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2015
Hilton Head, SC
Zip code
I followed that method and same thing happened even with a real degree, so being the genius I am I doubled down on more school. 1 part victim of school propaganda two parts not lifting my head up and opening muh eyes. :behindsofa:
Ouch, at least get a job at an Indy coffee shop, Starbucks burns the shit out of their coffee.

Sheps

Frontiersman
Jun 24, 2015
www.youtube.com
Zip code
en5 1ae
I actually work with teens with disabilities atm but yea, starbucks sucks at, well, making coffee lol.

@Willy Leadwell sorry for derailing your thread here. Can't help unless you can throw in an H1b I'm afraid, good luck hope you find the right guys.

Reactions: 1776
H

Hoss

Do you require your employees to have a clean ass? Will you hire chronic masturbators? Will you hire someone with a vagina? What will you do if someone steals from you?

Reactions: erkinator

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I’ve been in management in these shops for 19 years and I’ve never seen anything like this. We’re scraping the bottom of the millennial barrel trying to find people willing to put in an honest days work. It’s really disheartening.

Reactions: 1776

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Do you require your employees to have a clean ass? Will you hire chronic masturbators? Will you hire someone with a vagina? What will you do if someone steals from you?
No. Yes almost exclusively. Yes, especially if they are a yes to the first two questions. Make an example of them.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I just ordered two combos at Arby’s, one with sweet tea one with unsweet tea. The kid repeats my order both of them with sweet tea and I corrected him stating that I wanted one of them to be unsweet. His response: “which one?”...

Fight for $15!...

Last edited:

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I hired a tech recently who came from ABRA which is one of the nations largest chain collision shops. He said they made them sign a document stating they understood the phrase “common sense” was not allowed to be used in the workplace.

EugenFJR

Army SDM
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Powder Springs, Hiram
Zip code
I just ordered two combos at Arby’s, one with sweet tea one with unsweet tea. The kid repeats my order both of them with sweet tea and I corrected him stating that I wanted one of them to be unsweet. His response: “which one?”...

Fight for $15!...
I know that in my next job interview, when the HR rep asks me what my best quality is. I'll answer with, "I'm not a millennial..."

Reactions: Sheps and 1776

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code

Fight for $15!...
Give him a card and let him know you're hiring.

Reactions: EugenFJR

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Give him a card and let him know you're hiring.
I did that at quik trip yesterday. This young guy was busting his ass and getting bossed around by the young female manager behind the counter. I went back with a card and an application and slipped it to him. She was barking orders at him like a dog.

Reactions: erkinator