Hiland Arms. Cerakote applicator in West Central Georgia.

erkinator

Mid Life Crisis Student
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
The one I did had a horrible krylon camo job already on it. So I just blasted it all off and sprayed a basic striped camo pattern. He just wanted a cheaper solution for his duck gun but the cerakote has held up on the wood very well. It's rough in texture because I didn't do anything to prep besides a heavy blast and degrease.

You can try sanding it but it's probably the woods texture that is rough not the cerakote. If I were to try and finish a wood stock right I would first sand it perfectly smooth, then very lightly blast it before cerakote.

i HAD ALREADY HAD IT STRIPPED AND SANDED TO BABY BUtt smoothness. I guess it really just raises the grain. I may try fine scotch pad or something to tone it down. Back in the day of house painting when we poly coated and stained alot of interior trim on new houses,dust would get into the clear. I used to take a grocery paper sack and rub it over the surface. It would not hurt the poly and would rub out the grit.

Reactions: FatAlbert

the_great_white

High Drag - Low Speed Operator
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
The Interwebs!
You ever thought about venturing into hydro dipping? That shit is expensive to have done and it's hard to find someone that even does it .

Last edited:

the_great_white

High Drag - Low Speed Operator
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
The Interwebs!
I think if you do the hydro, be prepared to learn how to disassemble and reassemble archery equipment ....or make people ship it to you already broken down.

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I think if you do the hydro, be prepared to learn how to disassemble and reassemble archery equipment ....or make people ship it to you already broken down.
No worries there. I can take anything apart and put it back together. It's really the only thing in life I'm good at .

GA Boy

Tracker
Jul 1, 2015
Acworth
What about a badge on a truck? I want to debadge my truck but it's a 06 so idk how bad it'll look so my next option is making the badges look better. Did a paint job on them yrs ago and it's coming off.

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
What about a badge on a truck? I want to debadge my truck but it's a 06 so idk how bad it'll look so my next option is making the badges look better. Did a paint job on them yrs ago and it's coming off.
Hey, sorry I just saw this. I use H series cerakote which has the best hardness and corrosion resistance plus it's super thin, which is why it's the best firearm coating.

The only down side is it doesn't have the best UV protection, so it will fade if exposed to direct sunlight on a daily basis. You would be better off using a high quality automotive paint.