HER FIRST GUN!! - Ruger LC9s (VIDEO)

Faktory 47

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
Not long ago my better half decided she wanted to get more involved with firearms. I took her to the range to try out a few different firearms so she could get a feel for some different calibers and sizes. We took the Glock 19 and Ruger LCP2. She likes the LCP2's size because she has smaller hands but since it was so small she struggled to shoot it well. The glock 19 on the other hand, she shot really well but she didnt like how big it was. So after that, we decided to find a pistol that was in between those two sizes, and we settled on the Ruger LC9s. So here is the first range trip out with her new pistol. Let me know what you guys think.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Not long ago my better half decided she wanted to get more involved with firearms. I took her to the range to try out a few different firearms so she could get a feel for some different calibers and sizes. We took the Glock 19 and Ruger LCP2. She likes the LCP2's size because she has smaller hands but since it was so small she struggled to shoot it well. The glock 19 on the other hand, she shot really well but she didnt like how big it was. So after that, we decided to find a pistol that was in between those two sizes, and we settled on the Ruger LC9s. So here is the first range trip out with her new pistol. Let me know what you guys think.

I really like my LC9s. I'm not too big on modifying firearms unless it truly provides a benefit over stock. I beveled the magwell slightly on mine, and it made a HUGE difference when reloading. The mag wanted to hang up previously, but a little beveling and smoothing later (ugly but functional) and it's much, much better. The heel needed a little attention too.

010.JPG

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
I really like my LC9s. I'm not too big on modifying firearms unless it truly provides a benefit over stock. I beveled the magwell slightly on mine, and it made a HUGE difference when reloading. The mag wanted to hang up previously, but a little beveling and smoothing later (ugly but functional) and it's much, much better. The heel needed a little attention too.

View attachment 28292

Thats not a bad idea. There was a couple times we had to fumble around with it to get the mag to go in.

Waterguy

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
North Georgia
Zip code
That look she gave you in the intro was "are you gonna let me shoot or just talk". Haha. Seriously, good to teach the women folk firearms! Nice video!