Help me decide!!!

Faktory 47

Buckeye76

Frontiersman
Mar 27, 2015
Georgia
I need some opinions on some cans.

I'm getting ready to to pull the trigger on several NFA items.

I've decided to go ahead and do an sbr, because why the **** not. I think I'm also going to make a sbs out of a Winchester Wingmaster I picked up for almost nothing.

I already have an Octane 45 and have an ACR22 & ARC30 in jail now.

I want to pick up another 7.62 and get something rated for 458 socom on a barrel shorter than 16". While I am doing all of this, it has also crossed my mind to pick up a second 45 can.

I went out looking today and found a couple of deals, but wanted to ask some for some opinions.

1. What are your thoughts on the 762-sdn-6?

2. Is anyone familiar with SEG suppressors? https://www.segsuppressors.com/

I found a hell of a deal on the SEG 458, but need to call them to find out what the barrel restrictions are.
I am also thinking about the new Bowers VERS 458.

For my other 45. I think I've already decided on the Obsidian 45. If anyone knows where I can find a good price on one, let me know.

Thanks for reading my rambling and help me spend some money!!!

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
SDN-6 is a pretty sweet can for the $$$. Quiet, pretty damn solid. Many people knock AAC due to their sell out, but many have had to use their warranty without issues. Its not no serviceable can, so your a tad limited in terms of versatility IMO. Also, people knock the 51T attach system, but those are the people you probably ratchet it on instead of holding the button when tightening.

When I get another its going to be the new Griffin Optimus. Comes with ALOT of accessories for the $$ and is crazy versatile and is 1 of 2 lengths (pistol/low pressure round lengths & the longer/high pressure round lengths). You use the booster to change out end caps and to remove the baffle retainer. Come with direct thread and 3 lug QD attachments methods too. You can get one from @DoglegArms for under $1K too! I look at it like a solid 9mm can AND quality 30 cal can all in one, PLUS you can take it apart to clean it(for those that shoot .22LR alot! lol

Last edited:

Buckeye76

Frontiersman
Mar 27, 2015
Georgia
SDN-6 is a pretty sweet can for the $$$. Quiet, pretty damn solid. Many people knock AAC due to their sell out, but many have had to use their warranty without issues. Its a no serviceable can, so your a tad limited in terms of versatility IMO. Also, people knock the 51T attach system, but those are the people you probably ratchet it on instead of holding the button when tightening.

When I get another its going to be the new Griffin Optimus. Comes with ALOT of accessories for the $$ and is crazy versatile and is 1 of 2 lengths (pistol/low pressure round lengths & the longer/high pressure round lengths). You use the booster to change out end caps and to remove the baffle retainer. Come with direct thread and 3 lug QD attachments methods too. You can get one from @DoglegArms for under $1K too! I look at it like a solid 9mm can AND quality 30 cal can all in one, PLUS you can take it apart to clean it(for those that shoot .22LR alot! lol

Yeah, I'm thinking of it or the Sandman-s. Both are a little more than I was looking to spend, but that's the way it goes.