This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Welcome OHGunOwners Members! OHGunOwners has come together with Southeast Traders to build one awesome outdoor and gun trading community. More members, more content, more classifieds and more fun to be experienced. We've made the transition as seamless as possible, so you can use your existing login credentials. If you have any issues, email [email protected] and we will take care of it for you!
    Dismiss Notice

Help fund a fellow SET member's kids in the sport of shooting!

Discussion in 'Good News, Charity Auctions and 501c3 Raffles' started by AirOpsMgr, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:48 PM.

1. AirOpsMgr

AirOpsMgr Director of Lavatory Services
    Administrator Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

A good friend of mine, who happens to be a long-time member of SET & a kick-ass gunsmith (and shall remain nameless at this point as I'm not sure I have his permission to post this request); has 3 kids that he is constantly supporting and mentoring as they work up through the ranks of 3-gun, USPSA, PRS and ICORE .... one of which has a bit of a disability, but continues to participate in the sport.

Bottom line: I'm asking for SET members to donate anything they wish, even if it's fifty cents, to support these up and coming shooting enthusiasts, and ultimately also help out a fellow SET brotha. So are you in?

In case I haven't convinced you so far, I'm going to drop a couple pics of his young shooters ... not that I'm trying to persuade you to stick a crowbar in your wallet and come off of 50 cents or anything....... ;)

e1509cfd2a6c9a2281607734defd6bae.jpg

a80c9e97f0114bef0212bcbccba5a531.jpg
    1d2ae70ff1513ecc8f525599cc369f40.jpg

If you're still not convinced to donate 50 cents, then I have no hope for you .... you're a dirty bastard that couldn't come off of 50 cents and you should be ashamed of yourself! (I figured if guilt didn't work, maybe petty name-calling would get your attention) ...:noidea:

In all serious though, thanks for reading this; if you want to donate, hit me up in PM and I'll provide my PayPal or Google Wallet info, all contributions will go to this fine member and his 3 children, don't you worry about that!

Best regards,
    AirOps

Red Dawn likes this.
  2. AirOpsMgr

I'm also told that there may be some swag available for the highest contributers .... more info to follow

3. EugenFJR

EugenFJR Army SDM
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

Is there a time limit? And would you take donations in Ammo, or stuff like that?

4. AirOpsMgr

Hell no sir, no time limit.
    If you'd like to send ammo, I can provide an address in PM and leave it up to y'all

5. EugenFJR

EugenFJR Army SDM
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

I have a ton of ammo at the house, its just that I won't be home until mid Dec. If you could come up with a list of items, needed/wanted that would help me out. :thumbsup:

AirOpsMgr likes this.
  6. AirOpsMgr

Will do sir, I'll touch base with the member and advise asap. Thanks!!!!

7. Rwjeter

Rwjeter Mr. Freeze
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

Yeah man, get up a list of equipment/ammo they need. Is there somewhere in particular they shop for Gear if we wanted to send a gift card?

AirOpsMgr likes this.
  8. crunch time

crunch time Hunter

Let me know if they could use some gun care products(cleaner and lube). I am an AMSOIL distributor and can get them some of the products on my dime

AirOpsMgr and Rwjeter like this.
  9. AirOpsMgr

You guys are awesome, thanks for offering to help out!

Here are some additional details I rcvd, edited a bit. As for shipping address, will get back to those asking in PM.

"The largest expense by far is Ammo. Pistol consumption is 1500-2000 9mm 800-1200 .38 Short Colt per month. I reload so that helps, but still have to buy bullets, and Federal primers due to the tuning of their pistols. We have had to cut back on Rifle to 500-600 rounds a month, and typically 500 rounds of 20 & 12ga a month. This is just for 2 of the girls. (redacted) has just gotten to the point where she can do shooting sports, with the Aspergers she has had issues when she was younger with sensory overload. She shoots 4H rimfire, and PRS."

"If folks want to donate ammunition, 55gr .223, 147gr 9mm, and 20&12ga shotshells are always needed. I typically buy 3,000 160gr Ibejihead Bullets (.356dia) at a time. Gift cards can be from Cabelas since they carry the primers and 147gr Xtreme 9mm pills. Honestly, (redacted) (the oldest) is the least equipped. She has a good Savage .308, but doesn’t have any gear, and is shooting a borrowed 10/22. She’s a bit behind, but will be my focus through spring. Between Armageddon Gear bags and sling, to range finder, Kestrel, and her 175gr SMK... well you can imagine. She is wanting a Clark or Kidd 10/22 for Christmas. I saw a meme once that said get your kids involved in shooting and they will never have money for drugs... I really think drugs are cheaper now. LOL"

10. Shrek926

Shrek926 Hunter

Hi guys, I wanted to chime in and thank everyone. I was sharing with @AirOpsMgr how the girls had been doing and some of the challenges, and he mentioned reaching out to the members of SET. Some of you know our girls, and their love for the shooting sports. It started with our middle daughter and has now progressed and encompasses all three girls. I’m humbled that folks care enough to offer to help these girls.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Dawn, AirOpsMgr and Rwjeter like this.