GA Firing Line

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I just thought I would share my customer service experience with HBI that I just had. I've been experiencing some issues with the trigger on my Scorpion not resetting correctly and I contacted them earlier today. Phil who responded went over and beyond with his response to my inquiry. Even went so far as to include pictures and tips. A+ to a top notch bunch. I will definitely be a customer for life with this kind of care. Some has obviously been edited (I don't want you creeps showing up at my house unannounced. Except you @Cudruln . Such soft hands...)

My initial email.

I have a first gen Scorpion that I have the HBI spring kit installed in my trigger pack and have been having issues with it resetting. I thought it was just a bur on the sear or the hammer causing it to stick. Last range outing one of my buddies mentioned it might be that I needed that shim. I don't know if I didn't get one or just overlooked it. I've had the spring kit in since day one so it's been a while. But I was going to see if I could get a replacement.

Thanks,
Jeter

Their response, only a few hours later on a Saturday.

Hi Jeter,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us and for running our parts in your Evo. We are going to send you another set of trigger springs (including the shim) to make sure we get your issue resolved. USPS tracking is XXXXXXXXXXXX and they will ship out tomorrow. ETA should be Thursday or Friday at the very latest.

For trigger reset issues, the most common thing that we see is that during installation the trigger return spring (“L” shaped torsion spring with orange leg) can become twisted or angled such that the shorter leg ends up dragging on the sear and the longer leg dragging on the sheetmetal trigger housing. I personally have needed to re-do a few installations for this reason, because it feels like it takes 3 hands to install that spring… I attached a quick picture showing the correct installation and orientation of the spring. Note that the legs of the spring are parallel and that the shorter leg is pushed out flush against the sheetmetal housing and the long leg flush up against the sear.

If you look at your spring/trigger group and it appears that the spring does not match the attached image, it is typically very easy to fix. You do not need to disassemble the pack, just use a small screw driver or dental pick or my favorite tool is a pocket knife blade, and reach down into the pack and slide the spring legs into the correct orientation. Cycle the pack 5-10 times and re-check the spring orientation to ensure that it has not moved or angled back across on itself, verify that you have a positive reset, and then go shooting :)

Again, if you go through all of this and still have issues, installing this second set of springs (or just the shim) should resolve things for you.

Please do keep us posted and if you have any other questions or need more info please just let us know.

Thanks,

-Phil

Attached image: C8856527-98E2-47B1-B72A-6A9D025100B5.jpeg

Needless to say, I thanked him profusely and invited him to join us on here!

Keep up the good work HBI!

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Ive only bought a couple small parts for my apc9 from HBI but I have no complaints. Glad to hear they helped you out!

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Ive only bought a couple small parts for my apc9 from HBI but I have no complaints. Glad to hear they helped you out!
I signed the waiting list for the Theta Forward Flat trigger after that.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I signed the waiting list for the Theta Forward Flat trigger after that.
I love my theta trigger. Glad they got you hooked up though. Seems like a real around company.

Ps I am never coming to your house again, now that you told everybody my secret.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I love my theta trigger. Glad they got you hooked up though. Seems like a real around company.

Ps I am never coming to your house again, now that you told everybody my secret.
I'm trying to get you more action.