Hammer fired is better than striker fired.

American Revival Apparel Company

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I have admittedly sold most of my striker fired handguns and replaced them with hammer-fired variants. My Long time go-to is my HK P2000. I also like my SR-22, XD-E, Makarov PM and my Smith model 38. I want to try a P07 again. I traded of my last one because I had trouble week the short slide profile in a combat class. My hands were sweaty and I kept having issues with the slide. I missed it as soon as I traded it though and way to replace it.

You're welcome to run my P-07 if we ever get together and go shooting. If you thought the slide profile on the P-07 was small, the CZ 75 series of pistols is even smaller. I was playing with both last night and the P-07 slide is noticably taller and wider than my SP-01. One thing I have to give CZ though is that their cocking(giggity) serrations are sharp as fuck, especially on the 75 series, and they allow you to get a good grasp on the slide even with sweaty hands.

Reactions: BangBang

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Firing every time > not firing every time.

I couldn't care less what mechanical method is used to make the firing pin strike the primer as long as it works every time. I have both hammer and striker fired guns and like them both.

If you love one over the other, more power to you. But I hope it's based on logic and reasoning not some gay nostalgia or personal preference. After all, logic would tell you that if a person can simply stick a finger between the hammer and the firing pin and prevent your gun from firing altogether, just maybe that isn't the perfect platform (not that I'm saying it's worse, but you can't possibly say it's objectively better).

My logic and reasoning is that hammer fired is better than striker fired. That is all.

Reactions: Hoss and Leadhoof

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Firing every time > not firing every time.

I couldn't care less what mechanical method is used to make the firing pin strike the primer as long as it works every time. I have both hammer and striker fired guns and like them both.

If you love one over the other, more power to you. But I hope it's based on logic and reasoning not some gay nostalgia or personal preference. After all, logic would tell you that if a person can simply stick a finger between the hammer and the firing pin and prevent your gun from firing altogether, just maybe that isn't the perfect platform (not that I'm saying it's worse, but you can't possibly say it's objectively better).
Second strike capability is a nice positive of hammer fired guns.
Also, there is no best. Each unique circumstance may have a best option, and that can change by the second.

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
You're welcome to run my P-07 if we ever get together and go shooting. If you thought the slide profile on the P-07 was small, the CZ 75 series of pistols is even smaller. I was playing with both last night and the P-07 slide is noticably taller and wider than my SP-01. One thing I have to give CZ though is that their cocking(giggity) serrations are sharp as fuck, especially on the 75 series, and they allow you to get a good grasp on the slide even with sweaty hands.
I got the chance to run a 75 with a Kadet kit on it this past weekend.

Talk about a tiny slide!

Reactions: Jake

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I got the chance to run a 75 with a Kadet kit on it this past weekend.

Talk about a tiny slide!

Yup. It really is thin as hell. Those cocking serrations are grippy as fuck though. I don't have any problem manipulating the slide on my SP-01.

Reactions: BangBang

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yup. It really is thin as hell. Those cocking serrations are grippy as fuck though. I don't have any problem manipulating the slide on my SP-01.
^Dainty phalanges.

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
The Kadet slide has an even smaller area than the standard SP-01 slide, but man that thing is FUN!

I do “OK” with my M&P 22 Compact but I was absolutely tearing the targets up with that 75 Kadet. It was suppressed too, which is always fun.