Recipe Grilling steak for beginers

American Revival Apparel Company

kingkalifor

Hunter
Jan 31, 2016
USA
Zip code

I'm fairly new to grilling since my family doesn't use the steak we have in the back I had to learn on my own. I found this video awhile ago and tried it out. I'm wondering what else the grilling masters on this forum can teach me to up my grilling game for steak, chicken, fish etc.

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Realistically, just keep F'ing up, but learn from it. I love to cook....and do so alot on my big green egg. I was good on a gas grill, but switching to the egg made me feel like a novice again. Pay attention to where your grill temps vary, experiment with indirect heating, and always let meat rest in a sealed something before serving. Using a meat thermometer is a good way early on to determine meat "doneness" ....but learn to test the resistance of the meat by poking it. It works with practice *and not being piss drunk in front of the grill. I truly believe that practice makes perfect.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015

I'm fairly new to grilling since my family doesn't use the steak we have in the back I had to learn on my own. I found this video awhile ago and tried it out. I'm wondering what else the grilling masters on this forum can teach me to up my grilling game for steak, chicken, fish etc.
My personal preference is to take a 1.5" to 2" ribeye, rub with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and a dash of garlic and onion powder, let it sit until room temp.

Get the grill up to 600-650 degrees (if on a gas / infrared grill, soak some wood chips, put in a small pan and wait until smoking); drop the room-temp ribeye on for 3 mintues on each side; should come out as a perfect medium to medium rare

ETA: I put tinfoil over mine after they come off for 5 minutes to finish carry-over and absorb juice

Last edited:
Reactions: kingkalifor

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Get a good digital meat thermometer, understand that the heat zones of your grill, and keep a temp chart handy.

Also, its best to pepper meat after its cooked. Pepper burns pretty easily

Reactions: kingkalifor