This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Governor Primary

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hasselhoss, May 7, 2018.

1. Laufen

Laufen Badass
    Trusted Trader

Don’t do it in a crowd, it makes panties fall off.

Jcountry and karlvv like this.
  2. Willy Leadwell

Willy Leadwell Purveyor of Polyurethane
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

Here's a sample ballot in case anyone hasn't seen it. I don't live in Rockdale county, but it's the only one I've come across at this point. Thought it might help some folks with the state level stuff.

Attached Files:

3. Hasselhoss

Hasselhoss Mall Cop
    Administrator Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

Ross Perot still has my respect for the IBM Iran hostage rescue.

Laufen likes this.
  4. PewPewPewCo

PewPewPewCo Weekend Warrior

I’ve worked for Cagle, he’s my candidate of choice.

I love that he is working on increasing technical schools and career academies. We don’t agree on everything but unlike some of the other candidates who I’ve also worked with I found Casey easy to hang with, honest about his stances, and never tried to act above talking to someone.

I don’t work for his campaign, but I’ll as we any questions I can regarding my experience working for him.

Kobayashi likes this.
  5. Hasselhoss

Hasselhoss Mall Cop
    Administrator Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

I like Eric Von Haesler's description of Cagle. He's the Hillary Clinton of the 2018 Georgia Gubernatorial race.

6. Willy Leadwell

Willy Leadwell Purveyor of Polyurethane
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

Always waiting for the latest poll numbers to come out so he can decide what he believes in this election cycle?

7. Jcountry

Jcountry Tracker

How did he let that pic get taken of him smiling behind a group of people wearing anti-gun shirts?

Was that a set up of some type? Did they surprise him?

It’s not a good pic to have floating around.

8. PewPewPewCo

I didn’t work for him when that occurred so can’t really answer that.

I did have my one and only defensive gun use while working for him, it’s somewhere way back in my post history, and he was very supportive about it all and even sparked yo conversations regarding what gun he carries. I saw numerous educators try and talk to him about gun control and he wouldn’t even entertain it.

Jcountry likes this.
  9. Jcountry

Jcountry Tracker

I hope he is better than I think he is.

IDK. I definitely respect your opinion, and it’s good to see you approve of him and know him well... I just wish I could shake the feeling I have about him. He just seems like a fake conservative to me. Very much along the Deal lines.

A major problem I have with ALL recent governors is the care too much about ATL, and give not one crap about the rest of the state. Plus, many are far more left-leaning than 90% of the state.

I remember talking to my county commissioner back when our town was on the finalist list for Beretta to move to. I was stoked! The commissioner told me that the county was putting together 10 million-plus would give Beretta a building. I said “awesome-what is the state kicking in?” His answer “nothing. Not a cent.”

And guess what-Beretta is in Tennessee now. Because the assholes in ATL only focus on ATL.

How many car manufacturers built just across the border in Tenn, Alabama, South Carolina? Ever wonder why?

It’s because every governor in the last 30 years hasn’t given a wet fart about any other place in the state-if it’s OTP.

I hope Cagle is a good guy, and will stand up for the 2nd, as well as those of use who opt to live away from ghetto bumper car derby.

#49 Jcountry, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  10. PewPewPewCo

I honestly felt the same way about him until getting to know him. One of his biggest problems is that he did often work on visible Atlanta based projects and probably could have used some more FaceTime back in North east GA where he’s from.

Another point I forgot to bring up was when the 2014 gun bill was made our dear governor deal gave a nomination for a judgeship to Sen. Stone so Stone could speak out against the bill without being in fear of unemployment, but Cagle helped quickly push the bill through the senate in the last few days of session. Cagle has helped gun efforts when other “conservatives” were behind the scene nuking the bills.

I don’t think he’ll be as outspokenly conservative as some of us would like but Brian Kemp is just as bureaucratic if not more so. Further Kemp wasn’t exactly guarding a position where major policy was a campaign issue. Secretary of States mostly just have to avoid any crisis or scandal.

karlvv and Jcountry like this.