GA Firing Line

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
1453465_954669751270311_136954697735944311_n.jpg

Google and Youtube terminated hickok45's youtube channel for "repeated violations of Google policy". Just a day after sweeping gun control measures were enacted by Executive Order, now this occurs! Hickok45 had 1.6M viewers and a 6-figure income, but since it is associated with the 2nd Amendment, which Google and Youtube are opposed to, they found a way to shut him down. Well let's tell Google and Youtube that this injustice is not what America was founded upon and needs to be corrected!

Sign the petition to bring Hickok45 back! https://www.change.org/p/google-inc-youtube-bring-back-hickok45-s-youtube-channel

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
View attachment 12382

Google and Youtube terminated hickok45's youtube channel for "repeated violations of Google policy". Just a day after sweeping gun control measures were enacted by Executive Order, now this occurs! Hickok45 had 1.6M viewers and a 6-figure income, but since it is associated with the 2nd Amendment, which Google and Youtube are opposed to, they found a way to shut him down. Well let's tell Google and Youtube that this injustice is not what America was founded upon and needs to be corrected!

Sign the petition to bring Hickok45 back! https://www.change.org/p/google-inc-youtube-bring-back-hickok45-s-youtube-channel
Ok, let's slow down a second. Was the termination of the channel really because of an anti-Second stance, or was it because of violations of policy. There are a lot of firearms channels out there, why this one?

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Ok, let's slow down a second. Was the termination of the channel really because of an anti-Second stance, or was it because of violations of policy. There are a lot of firearms channels out there, why this one?

I will disregard your attempt to discount and chastise me by telling me to "slow down".

There's a booby trap of sorts that Google has created with their partnership with Youtube. When you create an account on Youtube, it also automatically creates an account on Google+. Google+ has a policy that prohibits the promotion of regulated goods and services, which firearms are one. Every time a video is published to Youtube, it also publishes to Google+. Hicock45 is sponsored by Bud's Guns, who as everyone knows is one of the largest online gun dealers in America as well as their retail store in Kentucky. This sponsorship and promotion is what triggered the violation and thus has terminated Hickok45's Youtube account.

Google + Policies:

Regulated Goods and Services
Our Services enable discussion of many topics, but not every topic is appropriate for all ages or in all countries. Because the promotion of certain products and services is heavily regulated, we have created tools to help you target your content to users of the appropriate ages in the right markets.

If your content promotes regulated goods and services, including alcohol, gambling, pharmaceuticals and unapproved supplements, tobacco, fireworks, weapons, or health/medical devices, you are responsible for applying the appropriate age and geographical restrictions for that content. If we receive a complaint that such content is targeting audiences in violation of applicable laws and regulations, we may remove or restrict the offending content or account.

With the appropriate age and geographical restrictions in place, we allow discussion and promotion of these goods, but we do not allow the facilitation of the sale of the products listed above.

Reactions: Leshaire and Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I will disregard your attempt to discount and chastise me by telling me to "slow down".

There's a booby trap of sorts that Google has created with their partnership with Youtube. When you create an account on Youtube, it also automatically creates an account on Google+. Google+ has a policy that prohibits the promotion of regulated goods and services, which firearms are one. Every time a video is published to Youtube, it also publishes to Google+. Hicock45 is sponsored by Bud's Guns, who as everyone knows is one of the largest online gun dealers in America as well as their retail store in Kentucky. This sponsorship and promotion is what triggered the violation and thus has terminated Hickok45's Youtube account.

Google + Policies:

Regulated Goods and Services
Our Services enable discussion of many topics, but not every topic is appropriate for all ages or in all countries. Because the promotion of certain products and services is heavily regulated, we have created tools to help you target your content to users of the appropriate ages in the right markets.

If your content promotes regulated goods and services, including alcohol, gambling, pharmaceuticals and unapproved supplements, tobacco, fireworks, weapons, or health/medical devices, you are responsible for applying the appropriate age and geographical restrictions for that content. If we receive a complaint that such content is targeting audiences in violation of applicable laws and regulations, we may remove or restrict the offending content or account.

With the appropriate age and geographical restrictions in place, we allow discussion and promotion of these goods, but we do not allow the facilitation of the sale of the products listed above.
ROLLEYES DUDE. I wasn't attempting to chastise you. Come on, it's too early for that big of a burr to be under your saddle cowboy. I was simply not wanting to discount the possibility that the termination wasn't gun related. Isn't that logical before we break out the pitchforks and torches?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Anyway, it's their fucking website and if they don't like guns or gun content, that's their call...right?

Reactions: jwtug and Strider12

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Anyway, it's their fucking website and if they don't like guns or gun content, that's their call...right?

True... however, the backdoor way they did it is suspicious, especially the day after Barry Obama sheds alligator tears and lectures Americans about how criminals can buy guns online without a background check, so I'm going to make it tougher for law abiding citizens to buy their cans and SBR's and pay an illegal $200 tax. :)

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
True... however, the backdoor way they did it is suspicious, especially the day after Barry Obama sheds alligator tears and lectures Americans about how criminals can buy guns online without a background check, so I'm going to make it tougher for law abiding citizens to buy their cans and SBR's and pay an illegal $200 tax. :)
I'm not Barack Obama. ;)

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Their website, their policies.

I had a Yahoo email address tied to a business and they canceled the account without an explanation. I didn't alert the media, I just made a new address and moved on.

Bunch of pissy people who are supposed to believe in choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The timing does look suspicious, but if there have been repeat violations I'd suppose that would pre-date any correlation to BO's EO.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
im never using youtube again

its crap anyway. and the google search engine has fallen way behind. it only optimizes search results for preferred business, specifically greasy marketers

1984 has come and gone, and it was from private business that consumers willingly entered into contracts with

i dont use any aps on my phone either. it requires i create a google account. google is one of the more scary firms IMO

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
cant you disable to publishing to google+ automatically in account settings somewhere?

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
cant you disable to publishing to google+ automatically in account settings somewhere?
ya, and your snapchat photos were to be permanently deleted once sent......lol

these marketing companies.......i dont like them. they gain huge net worth with little actual collateral or physical asset to back it up. also they pretty much operate how they like

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Google + has different TOS then YouTube. Because of the policy that required a Google+ account to post comments on youtube( a now reversed policy) most channels have a linked Google + account. Hickock made gun ads for his sponsors in his vids, that is a violation of Google+ TOS. Hiockock pays 10% of all his income from youtube to a group who will deal with this.

It's not really that big of a deal. Cabelas and Midway had their channels suspended for the same thing