This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Welcome OHGunOwners Members! OHGunOwners has come together with Southeast Traders to build one awesome outdoor and gun trading community. More members, more content, more classifieds and more fun to be experienced. We've made the transition as seamless as possible, so you can use your existing login credentials. If you have any issues, email [email protected] and we will take care of it for you!
    Dismiss Notice

Good lord- first it was plague, now Marburg

Discussion in 'Prepping, Homesteading and Survival Talk' started by dial1911, Nov 5, 2017.

1. dial1911

dial1911 Pro Grade Canine Copulator
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

2. permaneo vox

permaneo vox Powered by Silencer Shop

What's next, airborne Ebola(sung like Ricola!).

dial1911 likes this.
  3. Sheps

Sheps Frontiersman

Bubonic plague luckily isn't a big deal, very treatable with easily obtained antibiotics and simple hygiene practices. Viruses on the other hand are a little more worrisome. Ebola not a big deal but anything airborne has scope to be really nasty. I'm expecting a Flu strain to be the next big thing in all honesty. Spanish Flu on a jet travel scale.

Could be real bad.

Mac11FA and dial1911 like this.
  4. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

How about the super flu from Stephen King's "The Stand?" With the CDC working on a vaccine for the common cold, anything is possible.

5. erkinator

erkinator AV Monkey

gotta keep someone in business. Gubment always talked about a population control.:tinfoil3:

Mac11FA likes this.
  6. Sheps

Sheps Frontiersman

Never read a single Stephen King novel, so I don't know if your comments on the CDC looking for a cold vax are a reference or not. Either way, that'll never happen. The cold just moves too fast.

Edit: sorry if any of this is coming across a bit autistically focussed, these sorts of things put me into work mode so stuff sounds more serious than I mean it to come across.

Mac11FA likes this.
  7. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector

It's all good brother. I just get skittish when biologist start altering DNA or developing biologic drugs. No one knows what the CD is doing to create a cold vaccine and I am not so sure that the common cold most people have isn't allergies or a weak flu strain.

They also made "The Stand" a mini series movie for T.V. The plot is your basic SHTF scenario were a super flu wipes out 'X' number of people in the world. It is also the basic good versus evil in the aftermath.

Sheps likes this.
  8. Rwjeter

Rwjeter Mr. Freeze

DEFINITELY worth a read. Good book.