Gonna shoot 100 rds this weekend. What SD drills should I practice?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

CRXPilot

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Mooresville, NC
<--- I've got the tiny MPA 380, 2 boxes of practice ammo, and a good friend's ranch to shoot on. What drills (links, pics, vids?) should I do/focus on to get better at drawing and shooting from front pocket carry?

Of course I could ask uncle Google

But what do you guys know and love that works?

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
LOL.... I like just putting up a few tin cans and knocking them off a fence post or a log.

Since you've specified a pocket carry, let us say that you've got the drawing technique for getting it up and out into use all worked out in your head, spent some time at practice (with an unloaded weapon) and are going to have at it.

Set your targets at about 5-6 yards for a series of single and double hand firing. I'd suggest using 2 shot drills, discharged at a quick rate of fire into the target. Your SHTF moment has arrived and you've got a split second to get it right.

Throw in a quick volley session or two where you just stand there and dump a magazine or two into the target.

If you make it through the two boxes of ammunition you will have hopefully acquired some useful practice with the mouse gun.

No links, no pics or vids, nor am I trying to sell you on a DVD. Just keep it simple.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
For one thing, you should NEVER re-holster the weapon into a pocket holster without first removing the holster from the pocket. There's way too much risk of an accidental discharge when jamming a pistol into a pocketed holster.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
SkipD said:
For one thing, you should NEVER re-holster the weapon into a pocket holster without first removing the holster from the pocket. There's way too much risk of an accidental discharge when jamming a pistol into a pocketed holster.

Too true. I'm rather fond of my body parts and aim to keep them for awhile.

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
lol, I practice like that kid Ralphie in Christmas Story;" Ok Black Bart, now you get yours!", and if I have both eyes after, all went well. 8)

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Keep your finger OFF the trigger until you present for the shot. Good idea to to not put pistol back in holster until you remove holster from your pocket ( like Skip mentioned) . Eventually you can get the trigger more into a ready to shoot situation as time goes by
..and you get better with the drill. Just dont rush that until you are more seasoned. Stay safe...but have fun

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I always practice Mozambigue drills at just about every range trip. Also double taps.