GMC Sierra - My tinker truck

American Revival Apparel Company

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
I bought this thing quite a few years ago. It was purchased to pull my landscaping business trailer and did that well for many years. Well, I got out of the lawn care business and sold just the trailer. Since every family SHOULD have a full size truck if they can afford it, I definitely had no reason to get rid of it. Hell, it's pulled quite a few cars and trucks as well, even with its smaller 4.8L V8.

Over the past few years, I have turned it into more of a sport looking truck (I say sport very lightly...)

Today, I finally went and got some white Plasti Dip and sprayed the grille and bumper. I have to say I like it! Going to do the rear bumper and mirrors next.

One of these days I will swap it for a cammed 6.0L, but for now it will be like this.

Before on top when it was my work truck, below is now
image-jpeg.856734

image-jpeg.856742

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I hope. Just have to find time for the rest. I pushed my luck with my truck and finishing up a budget AR build this weekend.

I think I have to let a project lay around for a week or two before I finish it. I can't imagine knowing exactly where every screw, nut, and bolt came from... and where it goes when I get around to putting it back together.

Reactions: Wallace

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
I think I have to let a project lay around for a week or two before I finish it. I can't imagine knowing exactly where every screw, nut, and bolt came from... and where it goes when I get around to putting it back together.
Lol! I use scrap cardboard and put the hardware in the same orientation it came out in if I know I will have to leave a project. I also use painters tape and number all the connections 1-xx as well. Makes it MUCH easier than referencing a service manual every 5 seconds.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Lol! I use scrap cardboard and put the hardware in the same orientation it came out in if I know I will have to leave a project. I also use painters tape and number all the connections 1-xx as well. Makes it MUCH easier than referencing a service manual every 5 seconds.

Good plan there- I keep empty lunch meat containers (i.e. "tupperware") and dump all the hardware in there... I can usually remember which container goes with which machine LOL.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Looks good man. It's amazing what a little paint does to change the whole look of a vehicle. I used to have a 2000 Sierra that looked almost exactly like that except mine was green. Throw a roll pan on that thing and a 2/4 drop and you got a sick little "street truck", especially after that 6.0 swap.