Giving up SOT [emoji20]

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
I decided not to renew my SOT so it will expire 6/30. A big chunk of my sales have come from SET, which I always will be thankful to you guys and @dougiemac! The primary reason is I’ve been traveling a lot for my day job this year and really want to spend the time I’m home with my family or shooting. Another contributing factor is I’m tired of dealing with the industry including the ATF.

I had an unpleasant encounter with the ATF recently, Special Agents, not inspectors. SilencerShop lost a silencer that was being shipped to me! They sent it to the wrong address!! I got dragged in and didn’t appreciate being put into an interview room at the Sheriff’s office and being interrogated by two Special Agents for a hour. I wasn’t worried, I was definitely concerned though, because SilencerShop already confessed to sending it to the wrong address but the whole experience left me sour. Imagine if I did have blame, the ATF can fuck with me indefinitely. Both sides, Special Agents and IOIs.

As far as you guys, nothing changes if your can is in jail with me. I’ll still get the Form 4 and transfer the can to you. I will still do silencer sales up to June 24th.

I’ll be back in the NFA game soon! I still have my FFL.

karlvv

Legend
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I decided not to renew my SOT so it will expire 6/30. A big chunk of my sales have come from SET, which I always will be thankful to you guys and @dougiemac! The primary reason is I’ve been traveling a lot for my day job this year and really want to spend the time I’m home with my family or shooting. Another contributing factor is I’m tired of dealing with the industry including the ATF.

I had an unpleasant encounter with the ATF recently, Special Agents, not inspectors. SilencerShop lost a silencer that was being shipped to me! They sent it to the wrong address!! I got dragged in and didn’t appreciate being put into an interview room at the Sheriff’s office and being interrogated by two Special Agents for a hour. I wasn’t worried, I was definitely concerned though, because SilencerShop already confessed to sending it to the wrong address but the whole experience left me sour. Imagine if I did have blame, the ATF can fuck with me indefinitely. Both sides, Special Agents and IOIs.

As far as you guys, nothing changes if your can is in jail with me. I’ll still get the Form 4 and transfer the can to you. I will still do silencer sales up to June 24th.

Sad to say but if Hillary would have won you would probably be busier than you wanted. Good luck with whatever you decide. Im sure you will do it well.

EugenFJR

Army SDM
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Powder Springs, Hiram
Zip code

I need to do my paperwork, for the can that I bought. Do I need to get this in to you before your SOT expires? Or can it wait until I get home in the next month or two?

Reactions: DoglegArms

Red Dawn

Wolverine
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
MURICA
Zip code
Dang man that’s tough news there. I can imagine you were prolly bout to explode on them because of Silencer Shop s stupidity.

Hate to hear about the SOT but I understand about wanting to spend more time with family and friends.

I need to stop by and finish work on the K can and prints for another I’ll do in the future.

Thanks Mike u still the best suppressor salesman of the yr !!

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Sorry to hear about this Mike. You did a great job. Glad I bought all I did from you. Thank you.

Grunk

Hard to be an Outlaw that ain't Wanted anymore
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Sorry it's gone this way for you. But you're right about time spent with the family. My sister-in-law's sudden death, the sudden disability of my wife long before retirement age and then my stroke reinforced the truth of the fact that we never know how much time we have with the ones we love. And the ability of ATF agents to screw up your life when you haven't done anything wrong has to take the joy out of the job. I'll never forget the welcome you gave me when I found this place. Thank you for that and I still hope to get to meet you IRL someday and share a meal or have a drink or shoot or all of the above. As the resident old man, I commend you for doing what's best for your family.