Georgia Duck Hunting

GA Firing Line

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
Is there any where in Georgia that you recommend duck hunting? Whether it’s private and guided hunts or public land, I’ve never been duckhunting and would like to try my hand at it without having to travel out of state to far. Any recommendations or does anyone have any good experiences?

By the way, Georgia duck season just opened up today!

Reactions: dial1911 and lesptr

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA
Doug in Waleska GA private game preserve they put you in a blind and chase pen raised ducks from one pond to the next, I dont remember the name of the place but i have heard about it, not sure if thats what your looking for but its close to home , most of the wild ducks have not migrated yet, , almost every swamp has wood ducks maybe a few mallards if its a big swamp, the area where you deer hunt is full of of swamps, look around down there, hunting wild wood ducks only last about 15 to 20 minuets plus watch legal shooting hours ,

Boot71

Scout
Apr 21, 2019
Locust Grove Ga

It's not really like dragging decoys and setting up a spread on a pit lease in Arkansas or Mississippi, or trudging through a swamp for Georgia woodies.....but it's fun, close by, an easy day hunt, and they are good people. I've been a few times with my kids, and with the guys I hunt seriously with.
The hunt is more like a pheasant shoot than hunting migrator ducks, but there's always plenty of ducks, and the breakfast is great. It's worth a try at least once to see if you like it.