This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Welcome OHGunOwners Members! OHGunOwners has come together with Southeast Traders to build one awesome outdoor and gun trading community. More members, more content, more classifieds and more fun to be experienced. We've made the transition as seamless as possible, so you can use your existing login credentials. If you have any issues, email [email protected] and we will take care of it for you!
    Dismiss Notice

Gemtech Sold to S&W

Discussion in 'Class III NFA Talk' started by Red Dawn, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Wolverine
    Trusted Trader

Looks like S&W took advantage of the 4th of July discount at Gemtech. Do the know more about HPA going to happen soon or is it just business as usual. Thought it was interesting to say the least and had to share.

Link

2. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Wolverine
    Trusted Trader

I don't think this is the first didn't Remington buy AAC awhile back. Hopefully work continues the same for Gemtech now they just have more $ and resources for research and development and S&W now can push the HPA harder.

3. dial1911

dial1911 Pro Grade Canine Copulator
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

That's interesting... I wonder if they're following Ruger's lead, or if someone expects the Class III game to become less regulated in the future.

Interesting regardless.

4. AtlMedic

AtlMedic Not A Doctor
    Super Moderator Trusted Trader Site Supporter

the optimistic side of me wants to think this is a good sign the HPA or something like it will pass. Seeing as how Ruger and Sig also recently got into the suppressor game I hope it's a sign they think the HPA is going to pass and they are getting ready for the rush of new customers.

5. DMR

DMR CZ Fan

Politicians are predictable in the sense that they can't be trusted with, thus are unpredictable. No one knows shit. Or if HPA will pass. My opinion? No chance of Dems voting for it.

6. AtlMedic

AtlMedic Not A Doctor
    Super Moderator Trusted Trader Site Supporter

I agree, but business' typically only do things if they stand to profit. I think that while suppressors have been getting more common and popular, they are not something I expect to be seeing as many firearms manufacturers get into without an expectation of high return on the investment. My theory is that they have done some research and think the HPA has a reasonable chance of passing which justifies the cost of purchasing companies or devolping their own cans.

7. ReservoirDawg10

ReservoirDawg10 Marksman

Diversification. Smith had no presence in the suppressor game. Easier to buy someone with some credibility and track track record than start new.

Red Dawn likes this.
  8. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Wolverine
    Trusted Trader

9. SouthernSlammed

SouthernSlammed Gingerbeard Operator