This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Friend of the family

Discussion in 'Faith & Fellowship' started by Cudruln, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Cudruln

Cudruln Cruzn down da skreet
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

A buddy of mine (our kids played on the same ball team for a couple years) just got diagnosed with cancer. He went to the hospital a couple days ago with a headache. Come to find out he has 2 golf ball sized tumors in his brain.

They did emergency surgery today to try and remove as much of the mass(s) as possible. They have given him 12-24 months to live.

He is in his late 30's with a 8 year old son and teenage daughter.

This is hitting real close to home for me, with all the health scares me and the wife have gone through in the last 5 years. How do you tell your kids that you won't be around much longer? Why is it that so many battles with cancer are coming more frequent?

Say a prayer for the family.

Thanks

2. Leshaire

Leshaire Tactical Operator
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

Damn man, sorry to hear that. Thinking of you and them both.

Cudruln likes this.
  3. Jake

Jake Actually, you know what, fuck that Jeter guy.
    Super Moderator Trusted Trader

Sorry to hear it man. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Don't go off of what the doctors say though. My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer 16 years ago and the doctors told him that he had 6 months at most to live. He went through a years worth of chemotherapy and radiation and he has been in remission for 15 years now.

Cudruln likes this.
  4. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

Prayers for the family.

Cudruln likes this.