Ford F150 what to do!!!!

Howard Law

erkinator

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
So I have been a Toyota man for a long time. I needed another truck to pull my camper and finding a used Tundra was impossible. I broke down and bought a 2013 F150 STX 4x4 with 67,000 miles. In the last year I had it in the shop 4 times. Now I am dealing with high speed cooling fan issue that randomly comes on.

I have seen some videos about the high speed fan issue pointing to high pressure in AC system but never really mention the fix. Anyone have any thoughts on this??

Reactions: Bigigloopt2

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
Sh
So I have been a Toyota man for a long time. I needed another truck to pull my camper and finding a used Tundra was impossible. I broke down and bought a 2013 F150 STX 4x4 with 67,000 miles. In the last year I had it in the shop 4 times. Now I am dealing with high speed cooling fan issue that randomly comes on.

I have seen some videos about the high speed fan issue pointing to high pressure in AC system but never really mention the fix. Anyone have any thoughts on this??
Should’ve held out for that Yota.

Kobayashi

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
There should be two electric fans. One is switched on by a thermostat, the other is switched on automatically when the AC compressor is on. High pressure in the system would keep the compressor from working, which would keep the fan from switching on. If the AC is working, something else is wrong. Likely a bad fan or relay.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: erkinator

erkinator

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
There should be two electric fans. One is switched on by a thermostat, the other is switched on automatically when the AC compressor is on. High pressure in the system would keep the compressor from working, which would keep the fan from switching on. If the AC is working, something else is wrong. Likely a bad fan or relay.

they both run,no AC on, random times no reason behind when and where. I am finding 4 different issues from factory software up grade, to AC compressor kicks on by itself. Voltage too high on pressure sensor.

Kobayashi

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
they both run,no AC on, random times no reason behind when and where. I am finding 4 different issues from factory software up grade, to AC compressor kicks on by itself. Voltage too high on pressure sensor.
Is it an ecoboost truck?

Kobayashi

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I'm not sure how it works with a 2013, but my 2020 periodically asks if I'd like automatic software updates. I always say no. I also choose "never ask again" but it continues to ask. No reason in my opinion to update something that's working. Given that so much is controlled by the PCM, my guess is that a software update is causing an issue. If you haven't been to a dealer that would have performed an update, and if your truck doesn't do wireless updates, I'd still guess a computer issue. Either the pcm is turning stuff on and off incorrectly, or a bad module in the switch gear is telling the computer that you pressed a button.

Reactions: dial1911